Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Many Games?

• 15-08-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Before I even start this thread, I'm an EL fan yes, but also a Watford fan because me dads from there.
    I don't want this turning into a EL -v- EPL and such debate.

Just interested in how many games you'd be getting over to this season?

I'd say I'll be getting to about 6-7 Watford games.

I'm just genuinely interested in how many games people will get over to so please no EL, EPL debate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I manage to get over to Tolka Park every game ;) Am actually going to see Bolton v Arsenal in a few weeks. My 2nd premiership game ever. Went to see Chelsea v Newcastle 12 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I manage to get over to Tolka Park every game ;)
    Thanks for that. Me too:p
    Am actually going to see Bolton v Arsenal in a few weeks. My 2nd premiership game ever. Went to see Chelsea v Newcastle 12 years ago

Great game to go see. Watching some of the World's finest get booted up and down the pitch. Great fun:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I manage to get over to Tolka Park every game ;)

Even when Rovers are playing at home? :eek::D

Just out of curiosity how much do people pay in to watch their team in England these days? It's been quite a while since I've been to game over there.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity how much do people pay in to watch their team in England these days? It's been quite a while since I've been to game over there.

Going over next week for Nottingham Forest Watford at the City Ground. Four of us going. £25 for an adult ticket but only £12 for an U18s:D

I don't know how you could go to every game over in England that your team plays. The price is mad.

For an away game over here, at most I'd spend 50 euro. That's including match ticket, the bus and some drink too.

We're paying 89 euro for boat over, coach to ground, game, coach to boat and boat back. So ticket must be dirt cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I try to get over around 10 times a season although last year I only made 3 games, one of them was the champions league final though :D

Not sure this year as I've a few "family" holidays as payment for getting to Moscow, but I'll try and make 4-5 games anyway.

It normally costs me around €250 for a weekend, plus whatever I spend.

Iago wrote: »
    It normally costs me around €250 for a weekend, plus whatever I spend.

Sorry Iago, I was wondering how much is the match ticket that's all. Everyone's spend over a game differs by how much they "like a pint" and if they have to pay accomodation or have a couch to kip on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We're paying 89 euro for boat over, coach to ground, game, coach to boat and boat back. So ticket must be dirt cheap.

Is that a self organised trip or through a travel agent? The cheapest ticket in th eReebok is £21, so that leaves just over €60 for travel. Cant see how anyone is making money on that unless the per head price gets very cheap when you have a large coach load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

None. Not gonna be able to make any City or Shels games obviously so gonna go to a couple of A-League to cure the itch though.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    None. Not gonna be able to make any City or Shels games obviously so gonna go to a couple of A-League to cure the itch though.

Part-timer:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ticket price is around £30-£35 or so depending on where my seat is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Try to get to 3 or 4 Watford games a year, no plans for one yet though:(

Support Shamrock Rovers here and usually make around the 15 mark every season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i'll try to go to old trafford 6 times before christmas, prob the same after christmas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

None. The parents won't have it during Leaving Cert year. Probably right!

Hopefully, I'll get a good job and be able to get over once a month in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Season ticket holder with Cork City but how long more they'll be playing I don't know.

Looking to get 5 games this season in England. Already have the first booked

Stekelly wrote: »
    Is that a self organised trip or through a travel agent? The cheapest ticket in th eReebok is £21, so that leaves just over €60 for travel. Cant see how anyone is making money on that unless the per head price gets very cheap when you have a large coach load.

Yeh, there's 50 or so going. A mate of my Dad's is organising it so not sure whether it's through travel agent or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

40 or so games. Cost €500 for home season ticket and the same for away tickets roughly. Also go to Waterford United games.

How much does it cost you in flights?? :eek: Who do you follow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hoping to get to one or two AFC wimbledon games, always try and take in one or two any time i go to london, not exactly premier leauge or championship, but still entertaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

How much does it cost you in flights?? :eek: Who do you follow?

Norwich. About €5000 in flights and more in buses and trains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Was at two matchs at Anfield last year as well as the United game at Old Trafford. Also made it over to the Inter Milan game ( Cost a fortune):rolleyes:.Three League of Ireland games in the last two years :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hopefully 30+ between home/away and Europe.

Already nearly 3k in the hole (€1875 for home/away season ticket, plus 1k spent on weekend in Holland for Rotterdam Tournament)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

SantryRed wrote: »
    Before I even start this thread, I'm an EL fan yes, but also a Watford fan because me dads from there.
    I don't want this turning into a EL -v- EPL and such debate.

Just interested in how many games you'd be getting over to this season?

I'd say I'll be getting to about 6-7 Watford games.

I'm just genuinely interested in how many games people will get over to so please no EL, EPL debate.

15-20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I try to go to every home Shels match I can these days.
    Last year I went to 2 matches in Old Trafford, and then went to Stuttgart .v. Bayern once last season too.
    This season I may only get to 1 match abroad, probably in Stuttgart or a CL match in Old Trafford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

kensutz wrote: »
    Norwich. About €5000 in flights and more in buses and trains.

€500 for a norwich season ticket?? :eek:

plus 1k spent on weekend in Holland for Rotterdam Tournament)

A grand on a weekend in Holland?

Did you even go to watch a game? ;)

:D

I spent 3 weeks in Holland two years ago and went to the Amsterdam tournament. Total cost=less than 1k. Wtf, did they sell you?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I spent 3 weeks in Holland two years ago and went to the Amsterdam tournament. Total cost=less than 1k. Wtf, did they sell you?? :eek:

Flights to Amsterdam = €350 [bank holiday weekend, and I had to be back Monday for work]
    Hotel = €250 [I likes me comfort...:D]
    Match tickets = €80
    Trains from Amsterdam to Rotterdam = €70 approx

Rest was beer and food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

First Liverpool game booked next Saturday, probably one a month thereafter on average. Six Ireland matches. Plenty of matches in fields and parks and probably a couple of LOI games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement