Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses

Options
  • 15-08-2008 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

After a nice long summer i came back to these boards for the results and noticed quite alot of people who i remembered are going for TP in trinity hitting around the 550-600 region, just curious on how the CAO actually works, is it the peoples points who apply for the course that make the points go up or is it or is it the amount of people with TP as their first choice and what are my chances on getting in on 525?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Minimum points are based on the points achieved by the last person to be offered the course. So, say there's 20 places and 19 people get 600 points. Then person number twenty gets 540, the minimum points on the CAO will then be 540.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I would say the chances are good with 525, but you won't know until Monday really. If you get in, I'll be seeing you there! : p

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

ye PFM, there seems to be quite a few peopl on these boards going for it, its why im worried :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'd say you are more than likely to get it with 525 first round. They are due for a drop (teh requirement points, oi believe they was 530 larst year). And if that doesn't work out you'll be the first guy called when the second round comes around.

As far as I know there are only...4!

Anyway, I hope you do get it.

Advertisement