Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded included for new broadband?

Options
  • 15-08-2008 6:17pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is already covered somewhere else but if someone was to sign up to the 3mb package with Eircom at the minute do they automatically receive the upgrade or is it only being apllied to previous customers?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

u automatically get the upgrade
    i ordered 3 meg last week
    it went live today at 7.6 meg down
    and 676Kbs up

its crap
    my old 3 meg was better
    was getting 330KBs on my torrents
    was maxing out the line
    on almost all torrents

not i have 7.6 meg
    torrennts wont go above 230 and thats as high as ive seen them so far
    and that even includes multiple torrents in an attempt to max out the line
    connection speed unstable as hell
    up and down like a yo-yo
    pages timing out-need constant refreshing
    this is my first day of using it and im not impressed

it feels much slower and less reliable than my old eircom 3meg
    also on the new connection the ping times range anywhere from 96ms(best ever!) to about 560ms and anywhere in between
    also skype doesnt work very well on this connection ,constantly dropping calls etc

il probly be downgrading as its better to have a solid usable 3meg than an unstable one that can occasionally spike up over 3meg for a few seconds before falling down to 1.5meg

Advertisement