Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant to hold 14 gentlemen

Options
  • 15-08-2008 6:20pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    Heading down there on the 30th, looking for a place which would hold 14 lads on a "golf outing" for food around 6 or 7 in the evening.

Steakhouse used to be there as part of the sports bar, but I think they are gone years ago?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

yop wrote: »
    Folks,
    Heading down there on the 30th, looking for a place which would hold 14 lads on a "golf outing" for food around 6 or 7 in the evening.

Steakhouse used to be there as part of the sports bar, but I think they are gone years ago?

Thanks

That would have been a bit squashed for 14 lads....Mogul Emperor Indian is fairly roomy inside.

Milano on Harvey's Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say Luigi Malone's or the Jasmine would be able to accomodate that number of people if pushed but you would want to give them plenty of notice as Saturday evenings are usually a restaurant's busiest time of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Maybe Aubars?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Texas Steakhouse. Book in advance.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say Luigi Malone's or the Jasmine would be able to accomodate that number of people

You'd actually recommend someone to go to Luigi Malones:eek::eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

For a group luigis is great i mean the food isn't that bad and the atmosphere is very group friendly

ninty9er wrote: »
    You'd actually recommend someone to go to Luigi Malones:eek::eek:

:D

On the sole basis that is one of a handful of places in the city that can accomodate a party of 14 people.

The food is ok if you haven't been there before but I have been there a good few times now on work night outs (no choice) and the menu is the same, it needs to be overhauled.

On the sole basis that is one of a handful of places in the city that can accomodate a party of 14 people.

The food is ok if you haven't been there before but I have been there a good few times now on work night outs (no choice) and the menu is the same, it needs to be overhauled.

Don't go there in a hurry, went' there for lunch twice this year, first time was only okay, the second time I didn't get my noodles til 1:45 having ordered at 1:15. Noodles FFS. had to leave half of it to get back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

The Jasmine Palace would accomodate you no problem.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks folds, will try a few of those.

Been 4 years since I lived there, I am sure plenty of changes!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Copper & Spice. Indian & Thai food. Nancy's and Smyth's within 100 yards. Perfect for a "golf" trip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ipanema

If you were a week earlier and playing golf in Adare, then the dinner in the Woodlands could have been a good bet. Food, drink, ladies, and golf on your doorstep :p

Here is the menu, it's sold out for ladies but a few places left for men:
    http://www.limerickspeeddating.com/dinnermenu

In the city, I'd agree that the Mogul is always good, plenty of space too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Limerick fan

Would recommend Hamptons on Henry Street - newly opened restaurant and it is truly delicious - lots of steak for 14 men!

Would recommend Hamptons on Henry Street - newly opened restaurant and it is truly delicious - lots of steak for 14 men!

I maybe wrong here but have you any connection to this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I'm always suspicious when someone's first post is plugging something.
    Limerick Fan? Can you answer the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Limerick fan

No connection whatsoever - we walked past it last week - went in and were very impressed - and I am a vegetarian so didn't even have steak just noticed that there was a lot of meat on the menu and my other half commented that it would suit Irish palates, that's all!

Happy to hear you had a good experience in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I believe it's owned by the couple who also own the Market Square, I haven't been yet, but I reckon you could trust them to put together a good place, the Market square is great.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well folks we did the Texas Steakhouse and all of us were happy out. 14 steaks!!, soakage is important!! :)

Then down to Flannerys and Sin bin, still a cracking city Limerick.

was in the sin bin that night too, wonder did i see ye! 15 quid in :(

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    was in the sin bin that night too, wonder did i see ye! 15 quid in :(

Aye, thats right, bit pricey?

Dont know we were near the bar! :D Did you spot the pile of handbags around the floor? ;)

i believe one of the girls i was with may have been dancing with ye at one stage. blond, very drunk, vomiting. classy girl.

i believe one of the girls i was with may have been dancing with ye at one stage. blond, very drunk, vomiting. classy girl.

Lol, I was not vomitting :)

No blondies near us at all!! Was that on the floor to the right near the toilets?

Did the lads have longish hair by any chance?

by the toilets yes. two of the girls were dancing there with some guys, tbh i didnt pay much attention! glad the steakhouse worked for you (especially since i suggested it! ) :)

by the toilets yes. two of the girls were dancing there with some guys, tbh i didnt pay much attention! glad the steakhouse worked for you (especially since i suggested it! ) :)

Ya I saw them, we were standing just to the right of the stairs, them lads were on a stag also, they were out karting in Pallaskreen (sp!).

It was a good nite, started on the pernod, near killed me!!! Then again some of our lads could have been out dancing on their heads for all I know!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 smufett

Its great to hear “good” comments about Limerick for a change- delighted ye enjoyed your nite!!! Call again!!

smufett wrote: »
    Its great to hear “good” comments about Limerick for a change- delighted ye enjoyed your nite!!! Call again!!

I spent 4.5 great years down there and Limerick was always good. Now there are another 13 lads who think the same thing!!

Out of interest, what the hell is that big glass building where the Eircom building used to be near the bridge?

offices, apartments etc. lots of accountants in there. its called riverfront building

To be honest that would describe most young ones in the Sin Bin. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

To be honest that would describe most young ones in the Sin Bin. :D

Sounds good. What nights is it open? :D

Advertisement