Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL accomodation

Options
  • 15-08-2008 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, looks like im going to UL in september, I really hadn't planned for this as I was sure I was going to get UCC so now I've no accomodation booked in UL.
    I've tried the UL message board, the accomodations office and they aren't much help.
    Anyone here know of any available places for a 1st year around the campus.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I presume you have tried www.daft.ie.

You could also try www.collegecribs.ie or the accomidation section of the student union website.

Failing that if you have the opportunity take a drive/walk around curragh birin and briarfield people often have notices on the windows of the houses advertising rooms to let.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

email someone in the accom office and ask if there's any cancellations, but depending on what part of the county you're in it could be cheaper to buy and run a car for 4 years.

Try Parkfield Hall also, closer to town really, but it's the student sprawl area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Thanks for the advice, Ill check those out.

As for getting a car in and out, I kinda had my heart set on moving out yano. Plus im about 25mins from Limerick if driving, wouldnt like doing that every morning for lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daraghmack

I was in UL for 4 years until 2005 and back then the trend was that everyone lived in houses in the estates around the college. The main estates were Oaklawns, College Court, Elm Park, Milford Grange, Curragh Birin (Beside Singland Motors) and Briarfield (Across from Superquinn). At the start of every college year you could always get a place by just driving around these estates and the landlords would have left notices in the windows of all available houses. Some are rented on a full house basis and others on a room basis. Also the accomodation office in UL used produce a list each week of available rooms in these estates, all of the landlords on this list had registered with the college. I'm actually surprised to hear that the accomodation office weren't more helpful.
    I know things have changed a bit now with most students preferring to live in student campus accomodation, understandable because these are new buildings with all mod cons and broadband etc. UL have about 5 student villages now (if not 6) and I know that they always keep a certain percentage of rooms free for 1st years who are looking for accomodation around this time of year. Try the UL website for more info on these.
    There are also a couple of privately owned and operated student villages built in the area now also, Groody Village and Brookfield are probably the two closest, google these and you will get more information on their websites.
    Enjoy your time in UL, its a great place, you will love it, I still miss it three years later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya I'm really looking forward to it, 2 weeks now, I think I got my accommodation sorted in a place called the courtyard, looks really nice.

Thanks for the help guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement