Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 more get cut

• 15-08-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

www.wrestlingobserver.com
    Cut today were:

Stevie Richards
    Colin Delaney
    Robbie & Rory McAllister
    Cherry
    Referee Wes Adams (who screwed up the finish of the Matt Hardy & Mark Henry vs. Miz & John Morrison match on TV Tuesday night)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Not Cherry!!!! :eek:

I really am surprised at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm sad to see Stevie go. They finally looked like utilising him as a wrestler there not too long ago.

Colin Delaney had gone as far as I think his character could go.

Cherry gets bigger crowd reactions than Michelle McCool. She was terrible in the ring, but I think WWE are throwing away a real asset. For someone who is not stick-thin to thrive in front of a crowd like she did is quite amazing in this day and age.

Wes Adams should've be taken out back for screwing up that finish. Way to destroy Morrisson's credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Cut today were:

Stevie Richards
    Colin Delaney
    Robbie & Rory McAllister
    Cherry
    Referee Wes Adams (who screwed up the finish of the Matt Hardy & Mark Henry vs. Miz & John Morrison match on TV Tuesday night)

Two things shocked me with this:

1. There is a debate going on on the bish/meltzer thread, and then this pops up, :p

2. That colin delaney lasted this long.
    I guess its just proof that WWE do not care whatsoever about ECW, he was the only sort of long standing story going!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Poor Stevie

I told you lads to pay attention to who gets jobbed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

For someone who is not stick-thin to thrive in front of a crowd like she did is quite amazing in this day and age.

I think thats why people got into her a little bit. She stood out a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

None of those are big losses in my opinion. Stevie hasn't done anything to note for ages. How he's still been in a job since 2001 after RTC astounds me.

Cherry never really stood a chance after they broke her from Deuce & Domino, despite her talent.

VR!

Two things shocked me with this:

1. There is a debate going on on the bish/meltzer thread, and then this pops up, :p

In this week's Observer he said word going around Raw backstage that 6 more wrestlers are being cut. Whata know six wrestlers were cut.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

think she was the only Diva apart from Victoria not in her twenties too

So wait, are we left with deuce?

rovert wrote: »
    In this week's Observer he said word going around Raw backstage that 6 more wrestlers are being cut. Whata know six wrestlers were cut.

To be fair, my 10 year old little brother asked me where steve and "That one who came out with D&D" gone, to which he asked me, "Were they let go?"
    So it was expected, we didnt need the observer for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So wait, are we left with deuce?

Isn't he Snuka's kid? Job for life! ;)
    VR!

Isn't he Snuka's kid? Job for life! ;)
    VR!

Yeah thats what he'll probably be doing! :pac::pac:

To be fair, my 10 year old little brother asked me where steve and "That one who came out with D&D" gone, to which he asked me, "Were they let go?"
    So it was expected, we didnt need the observer for that.

To be fair? What does this have to do with anything?

Isn't he Snuka's kid?

Not biological though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I had a quick think last night about who might be cut and Stevie crossed my mind but I hoped not. He really is a lot better than so much of the roster. I just knew that Colin Delaney would be cut soon when his match with Dreamer after he turned heel was on the first ECW following it. Back to Chikara with him, I'm sure they'll make good use of him
    Poor Stevie

So Stevie's release has been the plan for the last 7/8 years? :pac:

To be fair? What does this have to do with anything?

Just saying its not a total shock, that anyone could have really predicted it

But did they? Meltzer didn't predict this anyway, he just reported that it was what people were talking about at Raw. So his sources are accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone have a link to ref messin up in ECW main event..What did he do wrong??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

How on earth did Charlie Haas escape this cull?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Poor Stevie

Doesn't Funaki still have a job?

As for that referee, he's lucky it was the Miz and Morrison rather than the APA he messed up.

• Advertisement

As Fozzy pretty much Meltzer didnt predict it, he reported that 6 would be released and low and behold six were released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm surprised the Highlanders lasted this long, especially after the pre-Wrestlemania TNA incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Maybe the cull is far from over
    Most of these guys aren't contributing anything to the product
    Looks like TNA are going to need another hour of tv each week

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Maybe the cull is far from over

I disagree
    Looks like TNA are going to need another hour of tv each week

TNA werent interested in the previous lot of cuts.

The only one I can see TNA bringing in/back is Harris, if he gets rid of the gut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

The Highlanders are getting hammered over an appearance at a little wrestling show during Mania Weekend (TNA)
    Do you not think Rovert that Stevie might have something to offer TNA if given some real freedom to express himself he has a great mind for the business
    You disagreed on the cull point do you care to expand on this rovert

Do you not think Rovert that Stevie might have something to offer TNA

I never said he didnt but I dont see anyone in that company going to bat from him.
    if given some real freedom to express himself he has a great mind for the business

And this is based on?

THey wanted to cut 6 more this week, so they cut 6 more this week.
    The only one I can see TNA bringing in/back is Harris, if he gets rid of the gut.

Not by reports he left on terms and before that he wasnt a model employee.

I think that they're really just looking to make some room for new guys. They cut about ten wrestlers I think. They haven't really got too many guys, they'll have enough on the main roster for what they want to do

Only problem is WWE are now severely lacking in jobbers. Whats Brian Kendrick and Vlad Koslov going to do now?

• Advertisement

Only problem is WWE are now severely lacking in jobbers. Whats Brian Kendrick and Vlad Koslov going to do now?

Smackdown
    Colt Cabana debuts on Smackdown as a jobber called Scotty Goldman to get beaten by Kendrick. I thought before that it might be a one-off type of deal for Cabana but the reports from FCW are that he's going by Scotty Goldman there now, so it looks like it might be a permanent move

Another FCW guy is on Smackdown as a jobber too

What have jobbers as full time employees when you can just use cheaper local guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Thought that Stevie might have been kept on as a trainer or something, not really surprised the list of cuts though tbh.

Fozzy wrote: »
    Smackdown
    Colt Cabana debuts on Smackdown as a jobber called Scotty Goldman to get beaten by Kendrick. I thought before that it might be a one-off type of deal for Cabana but the reports from FCW are that he's going by Scotty Goldman there now, so it looks like it might be a permanent move

That is what happens when you get the rep of being a good worker without the look.

Smackdown

Another FCW guy is on Smackdown as a jobber too

Ah, they call up new jobbers. And to rovert, the established jobbers have a little more credibility than local jobbers especially when put against the likes of Brian Kendrick, who is never going to realistically dominate anyone, and in general are better at making people look good. I remember some of the god awful jobbers they got in for Kofi.

Ah, they call up new jobbers. And to rovert, the established jobbers have a little more credibility than local jobbers especially when put against the likes of Brian Kendrick, who is never going to realistically dominate anyone, and in general are better at making people look good. I remember some of the god awful jobbers they got in for Kofi.

Jobbers arent meant to have credibility they are just there to get key moves over. There are good and bad jobbers as much as there are good and bad wrestlers (Armando, Ortiz)

• Advertisement

I have no idea what the ref did on ECW, but here's what Bryan Alvarez had to say about it:
    I would just like to note that I'm appalled at the Wes Adams WWE firing. The finish of the ECW match on Tuesday was 100 percent Miz's fault as he was supposed to break up the pinfall and forgot. By the time Morrison figured out Miz wasn't there, it was too late. Adams was in a no-win situation, as he either had to count the pin because Morrison didn't kick out or he had to hold up his count and bring the match to a screeching halt. Personally I think he made the right decision as someone who was always told that as a referee you should officiate as if it's a shoot, and if someone doesn't get their shoulder up, too bad. In fact, that's been the WWE directive for ages.

If that's what happened, and it is the reason for his firing, then I'd have to agree

Gotta go watch it now

A little over halfway through

Not the ref's fault. He would have gotten away with it if he just hadn't counted the three, as Morrison got his shoulder up a little after the three count, but the ref wasn't to know that he was actually going to do that. If he just stopped at two and Morrison didn't kick out then it would have looked stupid

I don't ever remember seeing that ref on ECW before, isn't it normally the former TNA duo of Scott Armstrong and Mike Posey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Crikey I know its not the issue here but Matt Striker was great on commentary for that match. :eek:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Crikey I know its not the issue here but Matt Striker was great on commentary for that match. :eek:

Agreed.
    When you think about it, he's been in the biz so long and with his legit use of grammar, it only makes sense that he would be so good calling matches. Hope he gets more of it!

• Advertisement

Not the ref's fault. He would have gotten away with it if he just hadn't counted the three, as Morrison got his shoulder up a little after the three count, but the ref wasn't to know that he was actually going to do that. If he just stopped at two and Morrison didn't kick out then it would have looked stupid
    Morrisson had his shoulder up before the ref called for the bell. If he had declared it a two count, no-one would have noticed.

Morrisson had his shoulder up before the ref called for the bell. If he had declared it a two count, no-one would have noticed.

Still, it's not the ref's fault that he was put in that situation. He had already counted the three before the shoulder was up

Still, it's not the ref's fault that he was put in that situation. He had already counted the three before the shoulder was up
    Yep, he counted the three alright, but like I said, if he had declared it a two count no-one would have noticed. And ref's have a tremendous duty in this regard. He had to make the decision to end the match or bluff a two count. I think Striker's "really?" sums it all up.

Advertisement