Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portraits of New York Cartoonists

Options
  • 15-08-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Photographer Seth Kushner has been posting photographs on his blog of New York based graphic novelists that are well worth taking a peek at. The image of Art Speigelman is a fav, its really iconic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭alnolan

I like the one of Paul Pope -- I've been to the Slipper Room, it's where the first story in my strip Zomblogger is set (I called it the Stiletto Club), a grrrrreeeaaatt venue.

http://zom-blogger.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

my favourites are Spiegelman and Deitch.Both really striking shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭magwea

I don't know about these, on the one hand the photographer is skilled and accomplished, honestly, although is the blue steel action movie filter needed for every portrait and why the ponderous guru pose. Contrived to the max. Am i missing the irony, is this a New York thing?

Still, nice to see the face behind the art.

Advertisement