Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question Again

Options
  • 15-08-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

NCT on Tuesday. Planning on sending it in, seeing what it fails on and then doing the work needed before the retest. Just wondering if there is a fault that would warrant a fail, will they continue with the testing and then provide a full list of faults or immedietly call a halt to the testing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

They'll complete the test and issue a full report.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

they will perform a full test.

this is the only way to do imo. book the restest asap though!!

EDIT beaten to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The only exception would be if they spotted something serious that would make it unsafe to put the car on the test equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sugar'n'spice

Sound, won't cancel then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

The only exception would be if they spotted something serious that would make it unsafe to put the car on the test equipment.

I agree, though I can hardly think what it might be and I have never known it to happen.

Maybe if it was p*ssing petrol from a leak in the tank or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Avns1s wrote: »
    I agree, though I can hardly think what it might be and I have never known it to happen.

Or a component was going to fall off and clonk the tester while they have it on the jacks. Again, never heard of it happening, even with cars that failed woefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Avns1s wrote: »

I agree it's pretty unlikely alright, especially given that the inspection lift is at the very end of the lane. Perhaps leaking fuel/oil or the tester noticing something weird and checking for broken suspension or chassis. It's a fairly unlikely situation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Don't forget to remove hubcaps & clear da boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

They can and do refuse to test a car with an exhaust/manifold leak on the basis that the fumes cannot be extracted fully at the tail pipe, representing a health hazard for employees, and the emissions test will not be accurate.

Advertisement