Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doing a subject at home ?

Options
  • 15-08-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

starting 6th year in September, is it too late to pick up a brand new subject? how hard would it be?

i can only achieve 530 at the minute (LCVP), would like a shot at 570.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Some can be done in a year, talk to your school about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Sure you can. Just grab a book and a syllabus (here) and get going whenever.

Most subjects can be done in a year no problem but some subjects lend themselves to it a lot better than others I guess. Geography, Home Ec etc. might present problems with projects and stuff, but I'm sure the relevant teachers in your school would agree to supervise and sign off and stuff.

The only potential obstacles are your motivation and intelligence. But if you think you're up for it, then definitely go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

I am doing Biology, and I heard Agri Science is like Biology. So im looking into this, anyone any more info ?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

Go for it I did Business in 6th year from Sept onwards and got an A2. Just make sure your motivated. I started really working on it Easter onwards and did well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I'd say you could get religion down in a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

Go for religion...Really interesting...has some philosopy in it though...no definate answers...but it really gets you to think outside the box...got an A2...Divine intervention :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Mr.S wrote: »
    Business and Economics can be done in a year, not to sure if it would work doing it from home, but if do it outside school it can work

busines in a year my ass :)

geography can be done in a year, so can ag science

Advertisement