Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donaghmede Boy Racers

Options
  • 15-08-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I find these scumbags with there loud exhausts extremely annoying and disruptive to the peace of an otherwise ok area. I think it is fair to say that most cities, towns and villages in Ireland suffer from these 'car modification enthusiasts'. Modifying a car does not bother me except to the point at which the exhaust noise is significantly amplified by removal of the mufflers and replacement with 'straight through' pipes.
    Surely there is a law forbidding excessive sound levels from cars?? If I was to got out on my road at night and start roaring loudly then I could be arresting for a breach of the peace and rightly so. Given this why can these scumbags effectively do the same thing by intentionally increasing the sound levels of their cars and get away with it?
    Are sound levels checked at NCT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

bibibobo wrote: »
    I find these scumbags with there loud exhausts extremely annoying and disruptive to the peace of an otherwise ok area. I think it is fair to say that most cities, towns and villages in Ireland suffer from these 'car modification enthusiasts'. Modifying a car does not bother me except to the point at which the exhaust noise is significantly amplified by removal of the mufflers and replacement with 'straight through' pipes.
    Surely there is a law forbidding excessive sound levels from cars?? If I was to got out on my road at night and start roaring loudly then I could be arresting for a breach of the peace and rightly so. Given this why can these scumbags effectively do the same thing by intentionally increasing the sound levels of their cars and get away with it?
    Are sound levels checked at NCT?

every town in ireland has these muppets. ive seen them in donaghmede a lot usually comming up from the grange road by grange abbey and on up towards clare hall. there is no test as far as i know in the nct for noise levels but if they notice that the catilytic converter is missing or there are no mufflers they will fail the test. most of these lads remove the cat and replace it with a straight trough pipe then when the nct comes around they put the cat back on temporarilly. this is done for power gains but what they dont realise is that de-catting a 1.2 corsa or similar does sweet f/a to your power but on higher spec cars it would give extra gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im from grange abbey and have a slightly modified car. two exhausts. not too loud.

there is a new law coming in that will be aimed at people with loud exhausts.

a straight through exhaust only removes the catalytic converter(spelling) and increases performance slightly - does little to no changes in volume.

the nct checks for straight through exhausts which is a straight fail. they also test emissions aswell and as long as emissions are within the required amount a modified exhaust is legal.

dont tarnish us all with the one brush

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Probably better suited to the 'city' forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP, this muppet...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=56902&d=1211930099

Is driving me absolutely bonkers. I can't wait for the day I hear he's crashes into a big bleed'n tree.

Advertisement