Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kho Phi Phi

• 15-08-2008 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Myself and my girlfriend are going to Phi Phi this November, we have about 8 days than going back to Bangkok. Has anyone any advice on places to stay? We would like a beach hut type... Somewhere clean and cheap!!:o Really need help on this please as everywhere looks great on there websites but gets rubish reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Doop

Hi.. you should defo go for a bungalow type accom there class have a look at this one,

http://www.andamanbeachresort.com/

Its a great spot, the whole island is really easy to get around so i wouldnt worry about location really, but the main place is in around the pier.
    When your there be sure to go up to the view point, its amazing, you can then walk down the fair side to a beach which hardly anyone goes to, hire snorkling gear at the beach do a bit of snorkling, then pay a few quid for a taxi boat to bring you back around the island to ur accom... great craic.

I wouldnt panic about needing to get accom booked, when we were there we were doin a good bit of travelling around went to phi phi with no accom, stayed in a great guesthouse for about a week then got a bungalow and moved down to the beach, the guesthouse is gone now, only reason we moved was cos we wanted to be on the beach.
    But still if you dont have a hugh amount of time you would be better off booking something, but you still have loads of time!

Wish I was going back :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Komaaas

That’s excellent!! What time of the year were you there? Is there much of a nightlife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Doop

We were there in July / aug, the night life is pretty good, theres kinda 2 main areas doen around the pier and then up the far end no more than a 10 min walk, theres loads bars and resturants then a couple of late night spots. I'm sure you'll come across a place called hippies which is the best spot ever, and is down beside that accom. (link) . we went there almost every night its like a medium sized club but its on the beach. great place, and you can just walk out pop into the shop outside for your beer each time and bring it in... cheap skate students! but nobody cared.

I think its fairly busy year round, and id say november should be a good time to be there as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ah, Hippies! And the Apache bar. To be honest, i wouldn't worry about the accomodation. Just find some when you get there. That's what we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

I stayed in a place called Valentine Beach Huts or something to that effect. Was only 100 Baht for two. V v basic but did the job. Was up the track from Hippies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement