Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question Regarding Licence For Bike

• 15-08-2008 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I am currently on my first provisional license for a car but I'm looking to get a bike,what steps would i need to take to get a license for a bike?

Also those anyone know if you can get insurance on a bike and car on the same policy?

Cheers

Comments

You need to do the theory test to get a learner permit for a bike. AON,quinn direct and carole nash are the main bike insurers in Irelans.AON offer bike+car policies I think. As its your first learner permit you will likely be paying a lot even if they quote you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Itchyrivers

Sorry to hijack but...

I held a second provisional in cats A, A1 and B in Feburary. I passed my car test and they sent the pinky one but didnt send me back my provisional for the bikes.

I reapplyed for the now learner permit but Dublin City Council say I need to submit a Theory Test Cert. I know there is a seperate cat of theory test now but when i submitted mine it entitled me to both A and B cats. The RSA says
    Q. I hold a full B license and want to apply for a first learner permit motorcycle license do I have to sit
    the driver theory test?
    A. Yes, unless you already submitted a theory test certificate that entitles you to apply for a learner permit in categories A, A1 or M.

Whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Sorry to hijack but...

I held a second provisional in cats A, A1 and B in Feburary. I passed my car test and they sent the pinky one but didnt send me back my provisional for the bikes.

I reapplyed for the now learner permit but Dublin City Council say I need to submit a Theory Test Cert. I know there is a seperate cat of theory test now but when i submitted mine it entitled me to both A and B cats. The RSA says
    wrote:
    Q. I hold a full B license and want to apply for a first learner permit motorcycle license do I have to sit
    the driver theory test?
    A. Yes, unless you already submitted a theory test certificate that entitles you to apply for a learner permit in categories A, A1 or M.

Whats the story?

I was in a similar situation having passed my theory test when the bike and car were together. When i got my full licence i forgot to tick the bike box. About a month ago i went to the local tax office to see if i would need to do another theory test in order to get a learner permit for the bike. They looked up my details on the computer and said that i was down as having passed the bike theory test. All i had to do was fill out a form to apply for a learner permit, pay the 15euro and show them my full licence.

A couple of days later i got a seporate learner permit for the bike but with the same driver number as my full licence.

Im not sure if i got lucky or what but it looks like you should get away without doing a new test.

Advertisement