Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 SMS player and a USB hard drive

Options
  • 15-08-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used the sms media player for the ps2 and if it's possible to use a usb hard drive (portable) with it. I know the manual states you can use a USB memory stick but does it actually work with a usb hard drive?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

yes works fine with a western digital passport portable hard drive anyways when i loaded sms player using the freevast hack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Cool, thats the hd i have too. Is it a ps2 slim you have? also, this freevast hack. how does that work?

basically you put .elf files on a usb key, and use an action replay for ps2 (which has max media player, new versions dont have this!) to run one of these .elf files which basically lets you install the hack onto your ps2 memory card. And then you have a menu when you boot that lets you start ps2 homebrew.

This usb key definitely works: (ps2 is picky I heard)
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4SLJ&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=micro+vault&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

And basically search ebay for an action replay ps2 and ask the seller to check that it contains max media player

Heres one but doesnt ship to ireland:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PS2-AR-ACTION-REPLAY-MAX-THE-ULTIMATE-CHEAT-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ270262899010QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270262899010&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

If you see this in time, email the seller and ask them will they ship to ireland and get them to add Ireland as a country they ship to

edit: It says they do ship internationally, but you might want to bid first to see if ebay lets you bid. Anyways if you havent hacked your ps2 already, i'd definitely try and buy it. (I dont have my action replay anymore)

cheers dude...thanks for the help.

not all action replays contain this max media player (new ones dont and none of the new ones on ebay contain it even if the picture says it does), so they are hard to come by.

• Advertisement

Great, so does the one you linked to have this max media player?

ye says so in the add

i'd definitely try and buy it if you want this sms media player

ya, should have bought it..didn't have a ps2 yesterday so didn't bother..have one today but can't find similar item on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I bought it, It was a little more than i hoped to pay for it but sure you'll have that. I'll let you know how i get on with it.

If everything works well for me I'm sure i can sort your memory card out for you.

I bought it, It was a little more than i hoped to pay for it but sure you'll have that. I'll let you know how i get on with it.

If everything works well for me I'm sure i can sort your memory card out for you.

That would very cool. Cheers.. let me know.

• Advertisement

Hey kaisersose77, can you tell me what version ps2 u have. i have a 79003, after looking stuff up a bit on the net i see that there is some issue with usb and ps2 models above 75xxx. it's very hard to find good info on this i find. it may just affect booting of games using hdloader but i can't find any mention of it affecting sms player. Can you shed some light on this.

Advertisement