Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed maths

Options
  • 15-08-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who got their results this week. Really hope you got what you wanted although I know a lot of people who didn't. In my class (and I went to a really small school) I'd say over half didn't get enough points for their chosen course. Out of the honours maths class a few failed and two of them really wanted to do engineering. Another got a D3 and he needed a C3 for engineering. Thankfully he has the option of doing a separate maths exam if he wants to. I have no idea what the others are going to do now. About 6 of us wanted to go to NUI Galway to do different courses and I am the only one of us that got enough points (going by last year's points requirements). Another girl failed maths but it might not have been required for her course. I really hope that everything works out well for them in the end and fingers crossed for Monday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I don't understand - are you asking about courses that don't require Maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Toffeebaby

One of them wants to do biology and she'll prob get in without passing maths but the others need maths at C3 to do engineering so what can they do? Though someone was saying that if they couldn't pass maths that they would be lost doing engineering cos it's pretty much all maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Well, if they don't satisfy matriculation (C3 in Hon. Maths) then they won't be offered the course by the CAO. But, I think NUIM have a maths course for people going into Engineering, there's a link in one of the threads from the last two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

shows the difference a good/bad teacher can make tbh

Advertisement