Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The new avensis what do ye think ??

Options
  • 15-08-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

9080226.019.1L.jpg

I personally think its a huge step forward, and it aint bad looking either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Looks like Corolla meets Mazda 6 but I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

I like it....a nice slant to the front makes it aggressive looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It's a big improvement from the current car, but it possibly borrows too much from the IS200.

Compared to the old (very bland) Avensis, I think it'll make a big difference to sales. The new Mondeo is good looking and the Avensis had to raise the game. The big question now is, is it as good as it looks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭alias no.9

A big improvement but still meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Its a nice looker alright, reminds me of the Accord a bit.
    Hopefully it does not have to much Peugeot/Citroen parts on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

This and the new Corolla both look like the new Camry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Its very nice .Are Toyota gonna slip this one onto the market as fast as they did the last one ?I remember being very embarassed when a workmate was asking advice about buying an Avensis .It was around November (2004/5?) and he was getting a massive discount which more than matched the end of year depreciation so I advised him to buy rather than wait till the folowing January ....Lo and behold a brand new model is introduced a few weeks later !!!Felt guilty talking to him after that !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Theres elements of BMW and VW in there......

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

I do not know if this is the final version or just one of the options.
    Have a look at the video that I got on the net. It's from Nürburgring testing of Avensis in Germany. Still under heavy disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Looks about 11 billion times better than the current bland-fest anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I dont like it. Looks out of proportion in about 4 different ways. Look slike th ebonnet should be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Boring and bland - by par for the course for Toyotas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

As most of you already said it, it does look much better then then present model.
    Present model looks so ugly and just boring to look at.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wonder will this be as bland inside? Still, one consolation is that they couldn't have made the drive worse than the current model!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

....but current Avensis still better than the current Primera which it seems to have almost buried (like the Yaris has the Micra).Nissan seems to have really dropped the ball in the last few years (apart from maybe the Note and Quashquai?)Tiida is so ugly its a joke ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Looks good, need more pictures though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

Bland Part 2

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ytareh wrote: »
    ....but current Avensis still better than the current Primera which it seems to have almost buried (like the Yaris has the Micra).Nissan seems to have really dropped the ball in the last few years (apart from maybe the Note and Quashquai?)Tiida is so ugly its a joke ...
    The majority of cars poduced by Nissan are fugly. The note isn't worthy of comment. The cash-cow was an over hyped ugly pretend 4x4 but because people could afford to drive it they overcame the asthetics of it. The 350Z is tolerable but not the nicest coupé out there (by far). I'm not too bothered by large 4x4s so forget about them. So where does that leave Nissan IMO? They are right there at the top of the bland heap with Toyota

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

what about the very bland gtr? blows away nearly every other car ever made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

VH wrote: »
    what about the very bland gtr? blows away nearly every other car ever made

You think the GTR is bland!?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I don't think Toyota's are that bland at all, no more bland than peugeot 407's or even the Ford Mondeo both of which looked nice for about a year then look dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MSporty wrote: »
    You think the GTR is bland!?:rolleyes:

Mandatory sarcasm tags are needed for those not quick on the uptake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think it looks like the Civic from the side profile.

The current one was introduced IIRC in October 2003, and the facelift was a bit of etching on the headlights and a dodgy gear knob.

Can't but be an imporvement, but the current car is still A1 for what people expect of it. A large family saloon that will hold residuals and go forever if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Huge improvement over the current model imho. That said, the wheels look way too small for the arches, very much like the current Honda Accord
    Theres elements of BMW and VW in there......

BMW: yet another copy of the Hofmeister kink. That's all though.

VW: my first impression was it looked similar to the VW Passat. Don't ask me why though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Looks like something knocked together in Photoshop (albeit by someone with good insider info as to what the new Avensis will look like). A significent car from the perspective of it being a major element of street furniture in Ireland for the next decade or so.

The chromed window surround on this interpretation looks very Mazda 6. Looks better than the current model but that wouldn't be hard.

Fron certain angles the original Avensis was actually quite OK-lookin:eek:g. There was even a nerdy discussion about it on the Gareth Jones on Speed podcast where one of the contributors got an old Avensis taxi and noticed the profile of the car reflected in a shop window...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That photo has been knocking around the net for almost a year now. Hard to tell if it is the final production version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Looks out of proportion, seems more corolla size when you compare bonnet/boot to cabin imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

At first glance (very quick one) i thought it was an LS... Looks well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Well that is the final production model, it will look the very same when it hits the roads, The interior is quite similar to the new model audi's

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i dont like it at all. its looks very like the corollla. i think if buying a toyota the corolla would be a better option - nearly as big and less depreciation.
    not a looker imo compared to new citroen c5 and opel insignia or even peugeot 407.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement