Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Balbriggan

Options
  • 15-08-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hey I am just wondering what Broadband service you all use in Balbriggan?

We are using the mobile bb and its pretty slow and a crap service. The contract will be due up soon and there isnt a hope of us renewing it but we are stumped as to what to get.

We HATE everything to do with eircom so that is a no go.. (Long story there!!)

So what else is there?? I remember a year or so ago looking for wireless bb but there was nothing available yet.

So what bb do you all use and would you reccomend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Mehh

I've a landline so I've been using BT for the last couple of years, good service, never had any problems with them.
    It's €16 a month on top of the phone line rental. Got my own wireless router, but I think they're only charging €45 on the install for their wireless one these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I use Digiweb. I think it's excellent and have never had any issue with it. Would really recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Is the Digiweb and the BT wireless or would you have to have a landline?

I forgot to add that we dont have a landline and we have no need for it either with us both having mobiles... Just more added expense..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shivf

Hi I use o2 wireless broadband, its great, its a plug and play one and I've never had a bit of trouble with it.

That is the one we use and find it awful!!

Very slow and unreliable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

northdubgal if it is only for use in the house then Digiwebs wireless broadband service is excellent.
    It is much faster and more reliable then O2s but it has nowhere near the same range,it works well in Balbriggan though and is comparable to a fixed line / fixed wireless product.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    northdubgal if it is only for use in the house then Digiwebs wireless broadband service is excellent.
    It is much faster and more reliable then O2s but it has nowhere near the same range,it works well in Balbriggan though and is comparable to a fixed line / fixed wireless product.

Thanks Moonbeam, I will check them out..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Callie

Hi,

I used to have 3's mobile BB when I lived in Dub city centre and nearly had a breakdown having to deal with them. Then I decided to get O2's one and they wanted to charge me twice as much just to buy the device because I was a 'pay as you go' customer. Nope!
    I since got Vodafone's version (while still in town) and when we moved out here I was worried about coverage etc. Turns out it's absolutely grand (we live near the garda station.) And I've never had a problem with their customer service. You just buy the device and plug it into your computer and it automatically installs the software and then you just connect - easy imo! :)

Advertisement