Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers

Options
  • 15-08-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

What exactly happens after the points come out on Monday??? are the offers posted or emailed? and what is the closing date for acceptence? Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

you go onto cao.ie and an offer will be there. I don't know much about dates etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Pretty sure offers are posted, but you can also view and accept offers online (cao.ie -> View/accept offers) from 6am on Monday.

The closing day for round 1 acceptance is the 27th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 me!

Thanks a million! This system is just so confusing! Help much appreciated though. Tanx:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

No hurry to accept them , the offer will be there for over a week like, though you might know where your going for college then and thats when you get onto people about accomodation (if you haven't already).

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Do you get an offer by post as well? If you do on what date do you recieve it?
    And if you accept online do you still get a hard copy of it in the post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Do you get an offer by post as well? If you do on what date do you recieve it?
    And if you accept online do you still get a hard copy of it in the post?

Yes to both questions. I think you receive the offer by post on Monday. It's easier to accept online than post the acceptance back to the CAO.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Do you need the pin code (like for getting results online) to access your offer, or is it just your exam number? Mine is long gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Twee. wrote: »
    Do you need the pin code (like for getting results online) to access your offer, or is it just your exam number? Mine is long gone...

isn't it your CAO number and password. just click 'forgot password' on www.cao.ie to get it emailed to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

CAO application number, date of birth, and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hopefully not too many people will be on at 6am, wouldn't want the servers overloading or anything (which has happened before I believe).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

that's probably why they release them at 6. they know most of us will be asleep. i'd say 5,000 at most would log on at 6 because who would set their alarm clock for 6? if you're asleep then what difference does it make? :D

Advertisement