Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rar files with lots of parts

• 15-08-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that if you have a rar file with lots of parts, like a movie or a game or whatever that only a certain number of the parts have the winrar icon, and a lot of them will just have a blank icon, this is happening in Vista for me and I remember the same thing happening in XP and Win2k

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It never happened to me before on one of my previous windows installs. It's been happening since the last time I formatted though. Bit of an odd one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

don't the parts have different extensions ?

the icon is linked to the extension , not the actual file type

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah, it's usually .r00 .r01 etc. Like I said above it's only ever happened to me on my current windows install. Any previous ones would show all the .rXX files as a winrar file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

happens sometimes. just etract them all. did your file work? If no, extract with new omissions, tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It's just a case that the files of .005-.999 aren't associated with Winrar. It shouldn't make a difference as long as you open the .rar file

• Advertisement
Advertisement