Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Cameras - When?

• 15-08-2008 10:31pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A little while ago there was discussion about the Gardai looking to get CCTV setup in various locations around Waterford. In the last month iv seen big black poles appear on various locations around the City - I assume these are for the cameras? Some odd locations if so!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I think so too. Big brother is coming.

They only really need one at the Ruby's junction really, and they do. The rest are for watchin people shift each other. Durty gardees.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They are located, to the best of my knowledge, at the bridge, johns street(x2) PC World roundabout and the junction past Maxol. I *think* there is always one down the Ballybeg Relief Road (where the travellers used to park, beside the halting site) in addition to the current one thats there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Sully wrote: »
    They are located, to the best of my knowledge, at the bridge, johns street(x2) PC World roundabout and the junction past Maxol. I *think* there is always one down the Ballybeg Relief Road (where the travellers used to park, beside the halting site) in addition to the current one thats there.

now im no fan of CCTV cameras, but i do think their a good idea for some places in Waterford, if it means it will stop the mindless fights/vandalism.
    God knows the 3G store beside supermacs (or what ever is there now) used to be an irresistible targret to break its glass windows/doors, though cameras around Ruby's junction would be a good idea considering the amount of tension thats down that way when all the clubs and pubs close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Anyone noticed that theres a big black camera on the wall of the squash club at Norris's corner.

It swivels around every few minutes and faces up a different street. Freaky lookin yoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

magick wrote: »
    now im no fan of CCTV cameras, but i do think their a good idea for some places in Waterford, if it means it will stop the mindless fights/vandalism.
    God knows the 3G store beside supermacs (or what ever is there now) used to be an irresistible targret to break its glass windows/doors, though cameras around Ruby's junction would be a good idea considering the amount of tension thats down that way when all the clubs and pubs close
    There's already extensive coverage of the Johns St junction via CCTV, although I'm not certain if these feed directly to the Gardai or that they merely have access to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Those cameras belong to the clubs afaik.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

shockwave wrote: »
    Anyone noticed that theres a big black camera on the wall of the squash club at Norris's corner.

It swivels around every few minutes and faces up a different street. Freaky lookin yoke!

Yeah noticed this one about 2-3 weeks back,

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Cabaal wrote: »
    Yeah noticed this one about 2-3 weeks back,
    Thats there a good 3 months now as is the one down on matties hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

there are two on the bride , one on the round about and one on the corner opposite the bride hotel , think there are two in ballybeg ,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Thats there a good 3 months now as is the one down on matties hill.

Hadn't been up that end of town in that long in fairness :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

they have one outside the chipper on lombard st too.. no action down there anymore.. paul flynns is closed down, bowery is closed down and alfie hales is closed down.. the only thing still there is the chipper.. and its not a hotspot chipper at chucking out time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I miss the Bowery :(

Advertisement