Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Licencing Certificate details incorrect

Options
  • 15-08-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice folks...

I bought a 2nd hand car from a dealer in June & I've finally received the VLC in the post today so I can tax it etc...

However my name & address have been spelt incorrectly, it's a wonder I recieved the envelope at all it was that bad!

Does anyone know if the motor tax office will have a problem taxing the car with very bad spelling & only a slight resemblance to my name and address details on my insurance cert etc ??

Any suggestions or insight on what I can do would be very welcome..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Just send it to the relevant address in Shannon with a covering note and they should change it for you ...I did this recently and got it back in well under a fortnight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

They'll tax it for you no problem - go to the tax office though in case it gets lost. Do that first and then get the particulars corrected. You can do it online as well if you have the pin number.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Same thing happened me, when i went to tax it online they have an option to change ur address etc. This doesn't change it on the tax book though, which i still haven't gotten round to doing.

Advertisement