Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walking distance of Castletroy to UL ?

Options
  • 15-08-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

any suggestions or where to live for new postgrad who will know nobody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

eibbatlove wrote: »
    any suggestions or where to live for new postgrad who will know nobody?

I was pretty sure postgrads were guaranteed on campus accomodation no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm not so sure how 100% guaranteed post grads are for on-campus, but there is designated post grad accommodation all right. Alternatively, look into a house share. A lot of postgrads would look to Curragh Birin or Woodhaven. They're both quite nice. Or you could go to the regular estates such as College Court, Milford Grange, Elm Park, Briarfield...but these tend to be predominantly undergrad-ish so I don't know how much you want that or not. Give the accommodation office a buzz. Good luck and welcome to UL :)

PS To answer the thread title - any of the above places I mentioned are within walking distance. The farthest away is Woodhaven at about 20-25 minute walk. The closest would be College Court which is practically on-campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭McSween

being a post grad you will have a better chance of living with non students if you so wish. that is my experience of 11 years of auctioneering anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eibbatlove

how much would you need to cover your college year bills ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

eibbatlove wrote: »
    how much would you need to cover your college year bills ?

ESB will be about €150-200 every 2 months. So if your living with 6 people its only €25-35 for each bill.

If you have Gas/Oil it will be about the same but you will use more during the winter months.

Lastly will be the net connection if you have one. Thats usually every month. Digiweb was about €45 a month (I think). Kaimera, Peteee, rmacm or Otacon can confirm this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

You're forgetting rent, bins and UPC/Sky if you want to indulge in either of those.

Digiweb Metro was about €35 when we got it first and dropped to ~30/month. Although I think there was an upgrade somewhere along the way so we got the 6Mb package for €30/month.

Check your options though you may find something cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I would have thought rent was obvious. Our bins were included in the rent but I suppose we were the lucky few.

Advertisement