Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRT54G3G router and O2 broadband.

Options
  • 15-08-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a Linksys WRT54G3G router and want to set this up with an O2 broadband SIM. O2 have been more than useless in helping me with the required settings.
    Just wondering if anyone here has managed to get one of these to work with O2 broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you a data card to put in the top of the router, without one your at nothng.....
    The WRT54 will work......it took a few calls to linksys to get it going but it does work..

If you don't have a data card you might be better off getting a bllion router, you can pick them up from the UK for about 100 euro http://www.billion.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mayhem101

I even have two datacards ;-)
    Also have the router, just looking for the correct settings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Wantitnow

I'm also struggling with setting up o2 BB on a WRT54G3G, can anyone help with the settings or a .cfg file ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it's not simple, couldn't post it in a thread, best shot is a call between the linksys support and 02......confrence call if you have to...I really shoud have wrote the instructions down....:o

I know you have to update the software version of the router and then enter in all the 02 isp details...

sorry couldn't be of more use...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I know this is an old thread, but it couldn't be simpler to use an O2 card in this router, all you have to do is enter your apn, takes 2 seconds. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement