Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime mapping

• 15-08-2008 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

From the Met's website: "The MPS is currently testing electronic crime mapping software. The software development will enhance the service that we currently provide regarding the number, rate and geographical location of defined crime types within the Capital. The electronic crime maps will sit alongside the crime statistics that are published monthly on a ward, borough and pan-London basis.

The information will initially include details for offences of burglary, robbery and vehicle crime. It is to be expected that during the testing period, further enhancements will made to the software prior to the formal launch of the service in September."

Having looked at it its quite a good idea in my view. It gives you the facility to take in, at a glance, an area's crime stats and even see how many crimes were recorded on a month by month basis. Handy for local people and also for switched on tourists who want to avoid staying in a dodgy neighbourhood!

Take a look here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've seen stuff from the HSE / Garda / RSA database for road accidents and some of the data is all over the shop. They have to be careful to make sure data is accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭colliegG

That's a pretty good idea. I wonder will it ever come in over here.

It would be even better if they could sub divide those districts even more but that's possibly too much detail.

It would be really handy if you were thinking of buying a new house.

Advertisement