Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Text message problem

• 15-08-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Anyone (Vodafone customers) been having problems sending/receiving texts in the past few days. I rang Vodafone Customer Care on Weds night as my phone cannot receive texts but can send them. The lady i spoke to said there were "problems" with the network due to thunderstorms etc. I haven't been able to receive a text since Sunday. I deleted all the messages from my inbox on Saturday night. Could this have anything to do with it???
    Anyone know if there is some way i can "re-boot" my phone (Nokia 6110) to receive texts again, as its working ok otherwise...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Turn your phone off and on again. This is really the only "reboot" you can do from your phone.

If you ring customer care they can reset your location on the network. That means when you power your phone back on it will connect and look for any updates etc etc.

Try the SIM in another phone to rule out a phone fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I have been having major problems on vodafone lately and rang them about it, I lost my patience and ported to Meteor- didn't like it so ported back less than a week later- I logged my problem with Tec Support and went about checking the status today but got cut off tofay(crap coverage on 02 phone) so I'll check again tomorrow but as far as I'm aware if you're using a 3G phone, turn off the 3g and restart your phone, you'll have less problems of any;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Hi,

I had the same problem since about last Sunday too. I rang vodafone on Tuesday and first off they said it might be my sim or handset. I have iPhone but put sim into old phone but still no messages. Rang a second time and this time I was told it was the network and wait a day. So on Wednesday I was still no getting messages so I rang again and was told it was still the network. Eventually got pissed off and went to vodafone store to get a replacement sim and hey presto receiving text msgs again.

My sim was only 2-3 yrs old so it shoulda been fine but new sim worked anyhow.

Hope this helps,
    Regan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

mine was a week old:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DIL-Z

Ya i've been having problems the last few weeks. I'd get messages 3 or 4 hours late and when people were trying to ring me it would go straight to my answering machine. Rang vodafone and they told me to switch off 3G. Think it helped but still happens sometimes. Just got new sim and it hasnt helped

• Advertisement
Advertisement