Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Whitening Kits

• 16-08-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone know a good brand that actually works?

I couldn't be arsed getting the professional job done..... Well, I actually can't afford it, so.:)

Any help on the above would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Poirot

"Anyone know a good brand that actually works?"

Hi Tri,
    I used a kit that I found on www.hairagain.ie (19.95 Euro).
    I found it has worked well - it has brightened my teeth without giving me the "Tippex" look.
    Good luck !
    Poirot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Poirot wrote: »
    "Anyone know a good brand that actually works?"

Hi Tri,
    I used a kit that I found on www.hairagain.ie (19.95 Euro).
    I found it has worked well - it has brightened my teeth without giving me the "Tippex" look.
    Good luck !
    Poirot
    Marvellous, thanks a million. I was beginning to get depressed over the amount of responses this thread got.:pac: Teeth getting yellower by the sec here..:pac::pac:

I will defo give that a go. Thanks a million.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Tri,
    23% is far too high a concentration and must be used in custom made trays which do not allow bleach to leak out, not the stock trays which come in an over the counter pack. Cheaper yes but it will cost you a lot more to repair teeth if damage is done.

Sorry, forgot to mention high concentrations like this are banned for use by dentists outside of surgery, they cannot be bought anymore from dental suppliers hence the reason for the cheap price on line. We can use higher concentrations in surgery while patient monitored in chair, they are used to boost or "kickstart" bleaching process before moving to much lower % bleach kit. I would never let a patient take this strength home.

Yeah, you see. This is what I was afraid of. I don't want to damage my teeth.

Davo, have you an opinion on the crest whitening strips? I read someone recommending them only recently on here....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

you say you can't afford the prof job? why not mix a holiday with getting them done. here in Turkey its only a fraction of what you would pay at home, plus you get a holiday into the bargain, and the dentists here are very professional and clean. PM me if you want details!

you say you can't afford the prof job? why not mix a holiday with getting them done. here in Turkey its only a fraction of what you would pay at home, plus you get a holiday into the bargain, and the dentists here are very professional and clean. PM me if you want details!
    WOWSER! I never would have thought of that. That is a brill idea. I'll check the oul annual leave to see if its feasible.

I may PM you yet. Thanks again.:D

Tri don't know much about strips but regulations on over the counter products in pharmacies here are strict so it is unlikely that they will do any harm at all, but not sure how much they whiten teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

try boots chemist a dentist friend said it was good:)

wex96 wrote: »
    try boots chemist a dentist friend said it was good:)

Hey, thanks a million. What was the name of the particular product in Boots?

• Advertisement
Advertisement