Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome Leaving Certs 2009! :D

Options
  • 16-08-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭

Guess this is our place now.
    Whoever thought it would come this fast? :p

This is where we'll ask about points, places and pres.
    and in a year, our results. :eek:

Hello and Welcome. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Heh, there are a good few threads with 2009 LC students getting stressed already.

/me looks at date

Did someone go and steal Christmas again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ha! Ye'll NEVER be as cool as the class of '07. FACT :cool:

*does '70's disco moves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

well thanks for bringing this up!:pac:
    Im so not excited
    TBH im sick of school at this point it keeps dragging on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Its too early to be getting 2009 leaving cert students worried!!

Why would yo mention leaving cert for them, the summer isnt even over!!!!

Post sometime when ya'll are back at school!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ppppfffffff not back in school till 26th August I'll think about it then.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

lol...:pac:

*sigh*..i want to live in this summer :P
    so not ready but the leaving cert
    but hey bring it on!!:p

:owoohoo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

hahhahaha sucks to be ye!!!oh wait no im repeating french oh joy..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I bought most of my exam papers yesterday, I wanted to cry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Sh*t. Just realised I'm back in 11 days. That summer went way too quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Guess this is our place now.
    Whoever thought it would come this fast? :p

This is where we'll ask about points, places and pres.
    and in a year, our results. :eek:

Hello and Welcome. :pac:
    Hey poxy, its not a bad year really (though I am glad its over!), I knew id see ya on this board sooner or later.
    Most people don't really start studying till after the pre's so I wouldn't let it bother ya too much.
    I recommend going to grinds on a saturday in Limerick tutorial and for study classes, really helped me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Welcome to your new home! I kept a seat warm for someone!! Its actually pretty helpful this place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Only came across this place a few weeks ago + i'm so glad i did!! Its been so helpful already....it's really made me think about how hard i have to work this year....not that i'm lookin foward to it or anything, but i have a fair idea of what to expect now.

I'm also really glad to see i'm not the only one kinda freakin out about goin into 6th year:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Hullo woeful people.
    Odd that it's quite possible some of us will end up in the same courses maybe next year...
    dun dun duun!

It's possible!!

I can't wait to get it out the way though, I don't need many points for my course so I'm hoping I'll get it lol. Ah well, year away yet. =]

9 months of school WOO.. then exams.. but then WOOO! xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Hello fellow leaving certs of '09! Im niamh.....thought id introduce myself ;)well im looking forward to going into leaving,.........yeah il probably regret that, but im excited about trying to establish a new study routine for myself and work hard to achieve good grades.

Im pleased to meet you all lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ohohohoh, heres the plan, im not going to spend much time here, im going to spend it studying! But lets be honest, that just wont work......its worth a try, so if you dont see me, thats where i am...in my room.....probably bed rather than studying though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

Welcome.
    Best of luck to ye all.

Ill be leaving soon........:( the end of an era and all that.
    It will be weird not to have to think about the LC again.Ha but tbh its also a pretty good feeling;).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

You'll probably find yourself coming on here and reading through topics about people who are on about finding it hard to study, you'll be able to relate to so many people here that you'll become more and more addicted as the months go by...
    Well thats what happened to me, finally starting to move away from this addictive yet very helpful place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Ugh, don't bloody remind me. Anyone else do no work last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Dear LC Students,Welcome to the most stressful year of your life:(....(so far):(:(
    Not being one to discourage,I wish all of you the best of luck in the upcoming year.Believe the hype its horrible.:D

My best advice to you would be to do a little bit every night,especially with regards to languages. When it comes to English poetry,make sure you write a PERSONAL response.

I'm writing this reply while anxiously awiating my CAO offer:eek: so I know what I'm talking about.

So good luck and enjoy,it only comes once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Ah come on, the summer's not even over yet! Can we not have a little more fun before the 26th?!:D I'm sure I'll be back here come september but until then I'm enjoying the last few days of freedom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Might aswell introduce myself if I havent already. My name is James and Im hoping for Pharmacy, UCC next year.:) Im also an alcoholic;) Anybody else?

*whos next in the circle of chairs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Im between Education Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy or a Psychology course in general.........not sure yet!

Il be interested to look at the newspaper tomorrow to see how points change for courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Ugh, don't bloody remind me. Anyone else do no work last year?

+1 :rolleyes:,still ended up getting what I wanted in college,so its all good!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

Wow, you lucky lucky people, i only found this place in May last year, so i had about a month of helpful addiction before i had to cut the wires!

(new username etc.. old account just HAD to be deleted for the sake of the LC!)

Make wise decisions, use your initiative, and LISTEN TO YOUR TEACHERS!!

Also, when you feel like no-one else you know understands you, log in here :D... At least reading the endless posts about others and their apparent lack of study will make you feel like you're actually doing something with yourself!

Anyways, best of luck LCer's of 2009, it's only nine months of your life, a bit of hard work pays off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Might aswell introduce myself if I havent already. My name is James and Im hoping for Pharmacy, UCC next year.:) Im also an alcoholic;) Anybody else?

I too want to go to UCC (to do Zoology) so I might see you there next year! lol *waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

JSK 252 wrote: »

My name is Conor and i hope to do either Radiation Therapy or Science in TCD next year, i am a crystal meth addict :pac:

Damn going back to school so early, going to a gig the night before, Wednesday will not be pleasant. Going back early will be worth it though, with our monster St.Patricks Day weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I'm already freaking out! *panics* I know it's early, but I still don't know what I want to do..............................:(
    Wow, last year of school though, how strange?! Didn't feel like it would ever come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

I know what u mean, doesn't feel like 5 years since i started secondary school!:(

I'm Claire btw, i'd like to study medicine or science..........its sooo hard to make up my mind!!:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I know what u mean, doesn't feel like 5 years since i started secondary school!:(

I know, feels like at least 10:pac:

2nd and 3rd felt like theyd never end for me, im pretty much looking foward to 6th year, its meant to pass the quickest.

Advertisement