Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome Leaving Certs 2009! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Same. My friends all say 6th year flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Yeah i heard 6th year goes very fast but I also found 5th year went very fast as well, but i was looking back over everything we have done and its true to say an awful a lot of stuff is covered in 5th year and 6th year is spent mostly on revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Im also an alcoholic;) Anybody else?

Boardoholic maybe? :rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

I can't bare to think about it. I already feel sick at the thought of exams....
    I cried during my JC exams had to leave the room, can only imagine how i'll be for the leaving:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I found 1-5th year all passed very quickly for me!

What exactly has people stressed at this stage? Is it feeling not smart enough? Not having enough time?

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    I found 1-5th year all passed very quickly for me!

What exactly has people stressed at this stage? Is it feeling not smart enough? Not having enough time?
    Both and more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

May aswell join the circle,

Niall, from wexford, engineering omnibus in ucd perhaps! Ill have to try to cut down on the whole alco thing when school starts, it wont mix well!

HouseHippo wrote: »
    Both and more

Well as far as time goes you have from End of August/Beginning September til June 2009, same as everyone else so you have plenty of time if you start studying right away, and if you're really very worried you can do some study now towards the end of the Summer, if you put in work from the start you wont feel pushed for time :)

How have you done in school so far, have you done well? Are you looking for high points? You might be really underestimating yourself!

Well as far as time goes you have from End of August/Beginning September til June 2009, same as everyone else so you have plenty of time if you start studying right away, and if you're really very worried you can do some study now towards the end of the Summer, if you put in work from the start you wont feel pushed for time :)

How have you done in school so far, have you done well? Are you looking for high points? You might be really underestimating yourself!
    I studied for alot of the summer. Still studying now.

Well I got 10 honours in my junior cert and I do ok. Only thing is I have A.D.D so studying is pretty hard,I prob am but I cant help it. Got a portfolio to do aswell really panicing about that. Hoping for 550-600

Eep that is a lot of work to do! But you seem very focused and committed so I'm sure you'll push yourself to do well! IS it an art portfolio you're prepapring?

• Advertisement

Eep that is a lot of work to do! But you seem very focused and committed so I'm sure you'll push yourself to do well! IS it an art portfolio you're prepapring?
    Tis indeed for NCAD. I have a thread about it in Arts and Crafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

timmywex wrote: »
    May aswell join the circle,

Niall, from wexford, engineering omnibus in ucd perhaps! Ill have to try to cut down on the whole alco thing when school starts, it wont mix well!

Sure a few britneys will calm the nerves and kill a few aswell!:D

I have heard of this "omnibus" in UCD but what does actually involove? Mixtures of subjects?

Fad wrote: »
    , i am a crystal meth addict :pac:

Even one better!

Yuugib wrote: »
    Boardoholic maybe? :rolleyes:

:D

Its the newest disease to hit the information superhighway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hate dah, I'll be relaxing on a beach in California while yizzer all in school.

I mean, uh...

There's already a thread about advice so I won't go into a "how to approach studying" rant, you'll be sick of the word "study" by May next year, believe me.

However, don't freak out! 6th year is good fun. Your teachers treat you like humans, you'll probably find your year group bonds in weird, possibly-stress induced ways, and walking out of secondary school for the last time is a great feeling, once you get there. Yes, the year will fly, but so long as you don't let it overwhelm you, you'll probably do grand. Even if you don't, it's not the end of the world. The media hypes those exams waaay too much.

Tis indeed for NCAD. I have a thread about it in Arts and Crafts.

Do you really need 550-600 points for Art though? Or is it just incase you get low marks on your portfolio?

If you do well in the portfolio that should take some pressure of points-wise.

rhapsody! wrote: »
    I too want to go to UCC (to do Zoology) so I might see you there next year! lol *waves*

You might well do! Thats what you want to major into in 2nd year Chemical & Biological Sciences? Or do you major in 3rd year?

Do you really need 550-600 points for Art though? Or is it just incase you get low marks on your portfolio?

If you do well in the portfolio that should take some pressure of points-wise.
    Na my back up is psychology in Trinity 545

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Sure a few britneys will calm the nerves and kill a few aswell!:D

I have heard of this "omnibus" in UCD but what does actually involove? Mixtures of subjects?

Basically, you study general engineering in first year and then you can choose which area you want to go into (civil, mechanical, electronic etc) it means that you dont have to choose when youn go in directly, meaning you can change your mind, and figure out what the courses are actualy about! Its higher points though!

Na my back up is psychology in Trinity 545

Ah lots of work! Well when you find out if your portfolio got you into NCAD then you'll know if you have to work super hard or if you can ease up a bit.

• Advertisement

Yup only need 365 and my portfolio for NCAD :D still aiming high just to keep my Draconian grandparents happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I studied for alot of the summer. Still studying now.

Well I got 10 honours in my junior cert and I do ok. Only thing is I have A.D.D so studying is pretty hard,I prob am but I cant help it. Got a portfolio to do aswell really panicing about that. Hoping for 550-600
    You have A.D.D and yet you are able to study during your summer holidays? :confused: You must be some kind of super human!!!! :eek:

Yup only need 365 and my portfolio for NCAD :D still aiming high just to keep my Draconian grandparents happy

Oh yeah I saw you mentioned them before, they seem to be putting an awful lot of pressure on you which is really unfair. Don't let them be too domineering! Will your grandparents be going to your parent-teacher meetings? If so you could maybe ask your teachers to ask them to ease up a bit and tell them that you're working hard, your grandparents might listen to them.

Oh yeah I saw you mentioned them before, they seem to be putting an awful lot of pressure on you which is really unfair. Don't let them be too domineering! Will your grandparents be going to your parent-teacher meetings? If so you could maybe ask your teachers to ask them to ease up a bit and tell them that you're working hard, your grandparents might listen to them.
    Ah ha! Great idea!! Never even thought of that. Well done

K4t wrote: »
    You have A.D.D and yet you are able to study during your summer holidays? :confused: You must be some kind of super human!!!! :eek:
    With Draconian Grandparents :D

I never said I studied well now lol I mean im always on boards...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Even one better!

Much more believable than alcoholic too :P

I really cant wait for school to start again, haven't a clue why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

you'll probably find your year group bonds in weird, possibly-stress induced ways

Unfortunately i can actually see that happening :S

I Are Scared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I wouldn't mind school if I wasn't surrounded by a few certain dickheads. It's always the minority that has to ruin it for the rest. :(

God I hope some of them fail miserably. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

K4t, good chance once you leave school you'll never see them again! The end is so near. : p
    (That said, there were some girls I despised in 5th year, but got to know a little better in 6th year and realised they weren't too bad. People open up weirdly when they realise their life is about to change.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Well yesterday i did a checklist for every subject where i wrote up each topic we have covered and what we still have to covered. I noticed we did an awful lot of work in 5th year and im worried that i wont have enough time to revise it all....but sure the leaving is a long way off yet so hopefully it will be grand!

At least in 5th year we completed our Home Ec Journal and our Geography Field Trip.

Advertisement