Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome Leaving Certs 2009! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Wish i did a bit more during the summer now...........:eek: Only have one assignment written up for home-ec, haven't started the elective yet and only have a little over quarter of the course (badly) covered!!! We're not exactly blessed with perfect teachers!! The homec one is always 20mins late for class, if she bothers to turn up at all. When she does come in shes does f~ck all, always losing stuff (lost 3 or 4 assigments in 5th year). Shes been like this for over 10 years, probably more, and gets away with it despite letters and complaints to dept. of education!!

Started teaching myself over the summer and did a few assignments, wish i was better at irish or maths so i could drop this sh~te!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Lisa, wexford, heading to UCC to study Applied Psychology hopefully.

Ugh.

I want to go back for some reason. To get it over with I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Ugh.

I want to go back for some reason. To get it over with I guess.

In some weird and perverse way i cant wait to get back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Its both "maybe it'll stop raining when we go back" and wanting to get LC over for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

So 6th years start back in on the 27th which tomorrow week. I haven't gotton my back to school things yet ie school bag, pencil case all the usual suspects.

In a way I am looking forward to going back I miss the old place. I go to Loreto Swords and I have to say really like the school it can realy lift your spirits. The girls are such good craic and because I did tranisiton year I know all the teachers realy well and get on with them.

6th year has seemed a long time coming as I watched my old classmates go on into it while I started 5th. I guess I feel like I'm ready for it. I didn't do any school work oer the summer. I spent the first two months running a dog sitting business so I feel like my summer only started two weeks ago.

It will be good to finally be the top year but I'm going to be extremly sad leaving the old place. I know I'll miss it a hell of a lot :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i'm now OFFICIALLY a LC student of 2009:)
    i'm repeating french in my old school..............woo.............

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

Myth wrote: »
    /me looks at date

Did someone go and steal Christmas again?

+10000000!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Besta luck to the LC 2009 ppl!
    Havin been an LC-er in bith 2007 & 2008 *finding it hard to leave the LC thread* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Dont start thinking about it now, you will be worn out by the time it comes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 LauraAnnCunn

oh god! summer did go quick.... i'll be starting college...

advice: Just work.. still go out.. but straight away after the mocks...

that's when the work NEEDS to be done... best of luck....

:) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Im suprised at the amount of people that worked over the summer, never in all of years of going to school did I do any studying etc over the holidays, like the LC is set up in a way that you will have enough time to study for everything properly during the school year, your not expected to study over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 snowflakes

ahh, this is scary!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

JSK 252 wrote: »
    You might well do! Thats what you want to major into in 2nd year Chemical & Biological Sciences? Or do you major in 3rd year?

Have to go in on Environmental & Earth Sciences in 1st year, then in 2nd branch off into Zoology, and Env. & Earth Science went from 305 last yar to 360 this year and that is one hell of a jump :O
    You going into on campus accommodation or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm back on Wednesday. Oh God!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm back tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Tomorrow........wtf??

Not back til thursday....

I'm back Wednesday 3rd! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm back for an hour on Tuesday and half days all week after that, dreading it! Does anybody else not remember anything from 5th year? :pac:

phasers wrote: »
    I'm back for an hour on Tuesday and half days all week after that, dreading it! Does anybody else not remember anything from 5th year? :pac:

I'm sure that's the case with everyone but as soon as you're back in school all the work you did will come back into your head immediately. Least that's what I'm hoping anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

In for 9am tomorrow morning, oh the joy..

But it's only for 2hours then we're back for good on Friday so going out this week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 A2B

I'm back 2moro as well.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Back Thursday for 2 hours, the joy!
    I'm thinking of either doing Arts with Music in UCC or Graphic Design in CIT, any info would be appreciated, websites only tell you so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Hiiiiiii, I'm Áine, wanna do either vet med in UCD or Irish and English anywhere else!

Back today, though it's cause I'm a ceannaire for the first years. Actually officially back tomorrow, eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Can't believe it's finally our turn!!!
    Anyone going to the institute on Saturdays??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Reading this thread doesn't help the nerves when I read about ye studing over the summer. I'm dreading this year but I'm happy its the last year. I suppose we can say bye to any freedom this year.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Reading this thread doesn't help the nerves when I read about ye studing over the summer. I'm dreading this year but I'm happy its the last year. I suppose we can say bye to any freedom this year.
    Nah not at all, they all say that but your social life shouldn't suffer till around march.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

back in tomorow.
    and 6th year beigns.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I'm stressed already, but I see why I should be. Need to get the books out and start getting into things before I realise the real LC isn't that far off.

• Advertisement

Ya it has a habit of sneaking up on people alright.

Advertisement