Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best reasonable tyres for mazda rx8

Options
  • 16-08-2008 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Need to get new set of 18" tyres for an rx8 without getting fleeced, what's best type/make and where would be the best place to get fitted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

meant to add in limerick area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Some bastard did over two tyres on my car and I had to get them replaced. 18's 225 45. Cost around 300 - 350 for two, so they aint cheap I'm afraid

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Look online on sites such as eiretyres.net and camskill.co.uk but factor in up to €40 for fitting (per corner!)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

goodyear eagle f1 gds3 imho are nearly on par with the best of them for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

If you're updating all four corners you might want to consider going for 245's over the standard 225's. On the standards it can be a bit skittish in the wet, but the 245's improve this (so I'm told, I haven't changed my tires yet).

In addition, the handling is one of, if not the best feature about the car. The tires are a big part of this. Horses for courses n all that but you might want to consider this when deciding on which brand.

• Advertisement

what would i be looking at cost wise

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

245's are known to interfere with the DSC.

I have Ultrac Sessanta's on mine ordered from camskill just over €620 delivered. cost €20 quid a corner for fitting. Great tyre by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

bridgestone potenzas. I put two kuhmos on recently that were a decent price

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

BNC wrote: »
    cost €20 quid a corner for fitting.
    Have you alloys? Many places seem to be charging a levy on alloys for some reason. My local fitter according to eiretyres charges an extra €10 (on top of the normal €10 fee) for alloys. Other places are charging twice the amount for both (fitting and alloy).
    Daylight robbery tbh!

yep - got a quote off a local place ballyneety tyres, was just going to do the rounds next week and shop about to see if there is any deals - was chatting to someone who recommended firenza tyres but dont know a whole pile about them - basically not point cheaping on tyres for type of car, need good solid set that will compliment the driving experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

kbannon wrote: »
    Have you alloys? Many places seem to be charging a levy on alloys for some reason. My local fitter according to eiretyres charges an extra €10 (on top of the normal €10 fee) for alloys. Other places are charging twice the amount for both (fitting and alloy).
    Daylight robbery tbh!

Yeh, alloys all round. Just didn't get them fitted in Dublin! Fitted down in Kildare. Apparently they use plastic covers on the jig when fitting new tyres on alloys to protect them. Maybe its €10 quid extra for them to slip these on!!

I would recommend Falken FK452's or the goodyear eagle f1's mentioned above. I had f1's before and I have the falkens now. Both are good tyres and not crazy expensive. I would stay away from cheap tyres espically with RWD you will regret buying them it if you end up going into a wall backways on a wet night.

great, cheers for replys

Advertisement