Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ul start time

Options
  • 16-08-2008 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

when does the actual academic start to take place? when do courses start to take place for the year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Orientation Week is from 2 - 5 September; you'll be in for two of those days. First day is the formal form-filling out kinda thing and the second day is a social programme - it's gonna be mad craic!

Classes begin the following week from 8 September onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

on behalf of my daughter,

she is hoping to commute in & out each day , what time does she do need to be in UL each morning?

she has just got her own wheels & is a awaiting her driving test, so we are trying to arrange transport 'til she gets sorted

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

snowman707 wrote: »
    on behalf of my daughter,

she is hoping to commute in & out each day , what time does she do need to be in UL each morning?

she has just got her own wheels & is a awaiting her driving test, so we are trying to arrange transport 'til she gets sorted

thanks

It'll depend on her timetable which she will get during orientation.

The earliest she could start is 9am and the latest she could finish is 6pm, but there's no way of predicting how her classes will be distributed. She might not be in until 2pm one day and only have one class, or she might be on from 9am straight through until 4pm without a break. It's unpredictable. Sorry I can't help more than that!

With regard to start time for Orientation, the details will all be in the pack that she'll receive in the post shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

an when is the times for christmas holidays? I need to know as it will decide if i can go off to...... AKOPOKO...... i think thats the right spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think I got off around 17/18th December last year and wasn't back til 29th Jan.

Tis class :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

an when is the times for christmas holidays? I need to know as it will decide if i can go off to...... AKOPOKO...... i think thats the right spelling.

Amm im not sure if this is 100% finalised but may be of help to you

http://www.ul.ie/acacal/2008-09.html

According to it Autumn teaching Semester ends 20/12/08 and Spring Sememster begins 26/01/09 so thats 5-ish weeks off :D

Advertisement