Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot Disk Error after windows update

Options
  • 16-08-2008 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Folks !

I think I powered down my system in the middle of some windows updates, in my enthuasism to install some new red fans and lights into my rig I don't notice that shutdown was installing updates.

When I restarted, I get a "boot disk error", at first i thought I'd loosened some cables and even changed the sata hdd cable but to no avail

So i put my windows disk into the drive, expecting to have to re-install windows but with the disk in it brought me to the log on screen and all was ok

But this morning, same again, my pc won't go into windows without the installation disk...

Help me.....................:eek:........please...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

your Master Boot Record maybe be corrupt........ using your windows disk choose the repair windows option then when you end up in dos first try "c:\chkdsk /r" and let it scan then reboot if that dont work try go back to dos (using your windows disk) and type "fixmbr" without the quotes. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

thanks dude

went to try your solution but weird as it seems, it's fixed itself, i've had the windows install disk in the dvd drive for a few days

I had to update some connection software on the client that runs on my pc to access my windows home server, which i had been ignoring but did last night, wonder if that did anything ?!

The joy of windows eh ?!

Advertisement