Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you ever been through a checkpoint in inner-city galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Until someone has passed the test I feel they have not proven themselves. Granted that does not always ensure competancy but surely moreso than someone who chooses to drive illegally & has never had to jump through the hoops the rest of us have.

Speaking of hoops, ours pale in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Tzetze wrote: »
    Speaking of hoops, ours pale in comparison.

I might move there soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

well its easy for ye to say, "go pass your test"..

if i could sit it now i would. instead i have to sit in galway for 6 months, never sitting in a car, and do the test in january or february or whatever. somehow i'm a better driver then than now after 6 months without bein in a car? where's the logic in not letting me sit in now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

turf wrote: »
    well its easy for ye to say, "go pass your test"..

if i could sit it now i would. instead i have to sit in galway for 6 months, never sitting in a car, and do the test in january or february or whatever. somehow i'm a better driver then than now after 6 months without bein in a car? where's the logic in not letting me sit in now?

Who says your prepared to pass the test? Who says you'll pass first time?

You definitely don't have the authority or the know how to answer these questions - that's the testers job.

Would you diagnose yourself if you had a medical condition? - No because that's the doctors job.

Just use public transport for god sake - You'd swear you had no other choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

Who says your prepared to pass the test? Who says you'll pass first time?

You definitely don't have the authority or the know how to answer these questions - that's the testers job.

captain obvious. i don't know if i will, i hope i will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

turf wrote: »
    well when i said country roads, i under exagerated.. if thats a phrase. drove through towns like clones and monaghan and proper national roads in between. i will be gettin a lesson or two by the way tho, get back into the swing of things.

Did they have roundabouts in these "towns"?

If you insist on breaking the law, then I defnitely suggest some lessons.

Be aware that there are sometimes traffic jams leaving the estates 'cos even the clever guards can figure out that they have a captive audience for insurance and licence checks as people leave work. I've seen this three/four times in the eight months I've been working out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement