Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a cane?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any shops in Galway that sell canes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Like a walking stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

padi89 wrote: »
    Like a walking stick?
    Aye one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

itt we discuss the onset of old age

DRakE wrote: »
    itt we discuss the onset of old age
    Mind your tongue! Young whippersnapper
    You know back in my day........ zzz.....

Im guessing online would be best?
    I really cant think of any shops around that would sell them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Possibly Powells, maybe the touristy job though but id be looking in those sort of shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

possibly a camping/hiking shop like Millets or The Great Outdoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Krieg wrote: »
    Anyone know of any shops in Galway that sell canes?

Hmm. Old person cane, hiking stick, or weird emo/goth Victorian-style cane?

tristanc wrote: »
    Hmm. Old person cane, hiking stick, or weird emo/goth Victorian-style cane?

hmm, Lets say a cross between Old person cane & goth cane.
    Something with style And the functionality

Ill have a look in Powells & great outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I'd say powells would be your best bet, the old stalls that used to be in the eyre sq centre would have deffo had something like that, shame they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

That doo-dah shop between Lohans and Killorans pub in Salthill (opposite the prom)

Walking Sticks in there for €2.50... yes... €2.50 .... Daft Dave must have been there :pac:

I doubt they're great quality and most likely a stupid touristy thing (I presume a proper cane would be adjustable etc.) but it was timber as far as I recall (Had to go in there for a look last week, been living in Galway all my life and spent to much time out Salthill swimming as a kid, passed it almost everyday in the summer without ever going in there... just had to!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I'll sort ya for a gram o cane sham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Krieg wrote: »
    hmm, Lets say a cross between Old person cane & goth cane.
    Something with style And the functionality

Ill have a look in Powells & great outdoors

I may be delusional but I swear I saw a street vendor (or maybe someone at the hippy market) selling walking sticks not that long ago. You may be able to get someone to make a custom one for you as well, though it'd likely cost a pretty penny.

I totally forgot villian-cane (ie with a hidden knife in the bottom) in my list. Sadly, I don't actually know where to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I know that I got one as a gift for someone in O'Mailles on High Street a few years ago (the yellow fronted shop beside the Kings Head that does the knitwear).

Tempo Antiques on Cross Street (beside Buskers) do the odd one now and again, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

JohnCleary wrote: »
    That doo-dah shop between Lohans and Killorans pub in Salthill (opposite the prom)

Walking Sticks in there for €2.50... yes... €2.50 .... Daft Dave must have been there :pac:

I doubt they're great quality and most likely a stupid touristy thing (I presume a proper cane would be adjustable etc.) but it was timber as far as I recall (Had to go in there for a look last week, been living in Galway all my life and spent to much time out Salthill swimming as a kid, passed it almost everyday in the summer without ever going in there... just had to!)

What he said - 2.50 from the Bon Bon in Salthill...

attachment.php?attachmentid=61717&stc=1&d=1219171144

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hisroyalbadness

Now all you need is a pimp hat.

Advertisement