Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recliner Leather Chair with Footstool €180 Aldi Special Buy from Sunday 17 August.

• 16-08-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

The Recliner Leather Chair with Footstool at €180 is an Aldi Special Buy from Sunday 17th. August until stocks last.

If you can make it up North you'd save yourself €54 because Aldi are selling the same chair there for £100, that's €126: http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_6885.htm If you are heading North bring cash, because Aldi don't take credit cards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Thats some difference. Someone pass it onto Cowen to add Aldi to the list of fcukers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I agree it is a big difference and its disappointing. Especially being Aldi who (along with Lidl) have brought a lot of choice and value to Ireland. Although having said that I think this is still a good deal compared to whats available elsewhere. There's a similar chair with footstool in Arramount for €349, nearly double the price, and almost three times the Aldi UK price. The Arramount chair massages, but it's not leather like the Aldi one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Called into Aldi Parnell St at lunch today to see the chair.

They had a bunch in boxes, but none out that you could actually sit in. I'm guessing that will be the same in any Aldi. Not sure I could buy a chair without actually sitting in it! Pain in the ass, tbh.

The chair is self-assembly, it's similar to the one in Arramount, so you could try sitting on their one. :D A friend of mine bought the Arramount one, I assembled it, very easy to do, and it's very comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Dades wrote: »
    Not sure I could buy a chair without actually sitting in it! Pain in the ass, tbh.

I bought the Viking Berlin chair that was mentioned here many months ago without plumping my ass in it and it's far from a pain in the ass. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I picked one up sunday, very comfy. Assembly was easy enough too, took about 5/10 mins and all the needed tools are included. It is a bit stupid they don't have one assembled in shop to try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

really want to buy this chair but as ive been looking for one with a while ive sat in a few that were not great.:( has anyone else bought/sat in it? there is one in dunnes thats incredibly comfortable but i was waiting for the price to go down!!!;) i would pick up the aldi one if it was comfy and not too bulky looking. by the way i asked in my local aldi would they assemble a floor model as not too many people would consider buying a chair not having sat on it and there reply was it would be too expensive:confused: and that i could bring it home assemble it, try it out, and if not happy return it. WTF:confused::confused::rolleyes:

Yeah they've a very good return policy, I think it's within 28 days with receipt, that's what they were talking about. I seen a guy who looked like a builder bringing back a building item that was really used and dirty. I was thinking he'd no chance, they'd never take it back, but they did, cash on the button!

yeah the return policy is good, but the hassle of getting it into the car, lugging it upstairs and setting it up only to find its rotten to sit in, then bringing it back is mental! i was in there today and still not one assembled, and it looks like there has only been one or two sold (we have a new aldi on the ouskirts of town and they told me before thay only get five of six large items as they mighnt sell)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

anyone know if these are still for sale in aldi limerick?
    Do aldi have phone numbers for their store's?

Have we figured out if these are comfy or not. I was hoping ti'd do for a home office chair for my computer desk...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

there is one in dunnes thats incredibly comfortable but i was waiting for the price to go down!!!;)

My parents bought 2 of them. They are so comfortable. Highly recommended. Don't really know about the Aldi one. €180 is still a lot of money so you'd need to love it, although the Dunnes one is €300 but looks nicer than the one in the Aldi picture in my opinion.

Price difference in NI, shocking as usual, I want to go live near the border:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

slemons wrote: »

Have we figured out if these are comfy or not. I was hoping ti'd do for a home office chair for my computer desk...

I think it would be a bit too bulky to work as an office chair and the foot stool would just be in the way if you didn't need it. The chair is more suitable for sitting in front of the television in my opinion. It's also kind of awkward to move it around so not great for a desk. Well the Dunnes one is and the Aldi one looks similar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yep, comfy chair to sit in in front of the TV, but I don't think it would work well at a desk

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

stevenmu wrote: »
    Yep, comfy chair to sit in in front of the TV, but I don't think it would work well at a desk

I bought a very similar chair in woodies for 300 a few years back. I tried using it as a desk and it was a killer on the back. No wheels is a balls. It didn't look right anywhere in my house so eventually it ended up put the back. After about a year it was time to chuck it.
    Even for 100 I wouldn't buy this yoke.

slemons wrote: »

There's about 6 available in boxes in Aldi, Dublin Road, Limerick. This Viking Direct chair would be better for home office or computer use: http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?pr=Q81&id=978405 and at about €42 delivered it's less than a quarter of the price.

At last i got the manager to get the chair assembled in aldi so ill be off down to give it the bum test tommorro!!!!! will fill ye in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I know I am bumping an old thread but this chair is on offer again and was just wondering anyone who bought it have any problems with it or do you love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Allow me to co-bump this thread - I'm also interested in hearing from anyone who got this.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

I got it - it is fantastic.
    Comfortable, relatively easy to assemble and well worth it. The reclining functions work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

I got it too - comes highly recommended for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Aldi dont have any shops up north.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Very comfortable chair. Thank you all.

Advertisement