Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Irish Broadband upgraded their speeds recently?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Well, have they? Maybe it was announced everywhere and I never noticed.

I had been using Home Pro 3mb DSL but when configuring my router this morning, I noticed that it was listing me as having a much faster connection. In around the 6-7mb range and my upload rate has also increased. So I ran some speedtests and that's giving me similar results and I can also download files at nearly 800kbps compared to 350kpbs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Where have u been hiding, 158 page thread about it, happy reading :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

IBB DSL is a resold Eircom service. When Eircom upgraded their speeds it upgrades the resellers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MarxistBOZG

I just found the thread there. :P I seen lots of threads about Eircom increasing but didn't read them because I assumed they were just about Eircom. When did the increase come into effect?

I definately wasn't getting 775kbps a few days ago anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I just found the thread there. :P I seen lots of threads about Eircom increasing but didn't read them because I assumed they were just about Eircom. When did the increase come into effect?

I think it was finished this week, the majority last weekend and some previous to that. I could well be wrong, I'm not an Eircom customer, just going by what I've read here. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

we already have a thread about all this, locked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement