Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Options
  • 16-08-2008 11:37am
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Anyone else picked up Bionic Commando Rearmed yet, was released 2 days ago on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Its basically a HD remake of the original Bionic Commando on the NES.

I downloaded off gamersgate (pretty good service, easy to use and fast) as for some reason the deal between capcom and valve fell through at the last moment so its not available on steam. Its €15 euro on the PC €10.00 euro on the consoles but you get more challenge levels on the PC. The download was about 250mb in size.

Anyway its quite hard and takes abit of getting use to as there is no jump and your totally dependent on your bionic arm to get around the place. Its very addictive particularly the challenge levels and its great crack in 2 player co-op. Its pretty nice looking to. I would recommend an arcade controller of some discription as the best method of playing as even the NES version was based off the arcade version. Having said that any sort of joypad will do just fine. For the price deffo worth picking up. Very much enjoying it even though I never played the original.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DO WANT.

Too bad I have no time. Oh well, I heard the PS3 is delayed or something anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep I got it for XBox Live Arcade, and I love it.

2 small nitpicks for me though -

1. One thing that annoys me slightly is slowly picking my way through a level, carefully killing all the enemies, then getting my ass killed by the boss. :)
    2. The overhead levels are very repetitive (I've only seen one so far, but its exactly the same every time). There are supposed to be 2 more later on in the game. Love the Commando music remix on these stages.

Great game though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Azza wrote: »

Its basically a HD remake of the original Bionic Commando on the NES.

[pedantic] It was originally an arcade Coin-op [/pedantic]

Must pick this up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    [pedantic] It was originally an arcade Coin-op [/pedantic]

Must pick this up.

[pedantic]The nes version was an entirely different and far superior game to the arcade version[/pedantic]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    [pedantic]The nes version was an entirely different and far superior game to the arcade version[/pedantic]

[pedantic]His point was that the ****ty arcade version is the original, which is true.[/pedantic]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

[pedantic] I will point out that in my orginal post I said the NES version was based off the arcade version and when I said it was the original NES version I mean't it in the context that there was another game in the series called Bionic Commando on the gameboy which was a direct remake of the NES version! [pedantic/]

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    DO WANT.

Too bad I have no time. Oh well, I heard the PS3 is delayed or something anyway.

Nope, its out now on the EU playstation store. Its well worth the money. Brings back loads of memories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm about half way through this and I love it. Its hard as nails, but incredible fun when you get used to the bionic arm (take the advanced tutorial on level 0 - it makes a big difference)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im finding the arm pretty frustration to use because you have to be really precise with the direction and timing.......... :s guess I just need more practice.

CC

Advertisement