Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horsey expense

Options
  • 16-08-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I used to work in a riding stable for two years and I have only recently gotten back to it. My daughter is loving it too, and she would like to join a pony club. Does anybody know a good one in or around kildare? I'm actually on the border between dublin and kildare so anywhere around those locations. Also, I had forgotten how expensive all the stuff is:( bt I was browsing the net and discovered a place called Jacks Tack. Its in Navan, and a bit of a hike, but certainly well worth it for the savings. I initially went down because of his convenient opening hours (4pm-10pm, yes pm mon-fri) but he is well reasonable and I will be taking another trip soon. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The pony club which immediately jumps to mind is the Kildare Hunt Pony Club. It's got lots of different 'areas' as it covers such a huge area, from Maynooth and Leixlip down to West Wicklow, and everywhere in between. The different 'areas' within the club means it's really easy to get to know people when you join and it's not so intimidating for the children. The area managers are also great to help you and your children integrate and see what the story is. The Kildare club is quite a large pony club which caters for all levels and age groups. It's also quite handy as camp is held at Punchestown racecourse...

There's also a pony club based around Callighstown, which is near Rathcoole, which may be handier for you (not sure if it's still there - the pony club website will help you with this regard)

I think there may be a few 'new' pony clubs in the area since I was involved, so you could always try http://www.irishponyclub.ie/.
    The website contains a map which lists all the different pony clubs in your area. I think it also has contact details for the relevant people in each pony club if you want to get in touch with them.

Hope you find one to suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Thanks a mill, that was really helpful, esp as i am near leixlip/maynooth. excellent, I'll makephone calls tomorro, my 9yr old thanks you too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Schnork

I was a member of Kildare Hunt P.C. and can't speak highly enough of it! They got some great instructors in for member's lessons, and held a huge variety of events and competitions. The fact that their camp was held at Punchestown racecourse was fantastic too-it has excellent facilities, and as a kid it was such a thrill to be stabling my pony in the racecourse stables and cleaning my tack in the weigh-in rooms! Many happy times :)

Advertisement