Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture quality

Options
  • 16-08-2008 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I am using Pinnacle Studio 9 for video editing and seeking to improve picture quality of the final DVD.

After I record a video with my Cannon camcorder (MV700), I transfer it onto my PC using firewire. Once the video is transfered (regardless whether I use full DV quality or MPEG capture), the picture loses its natural sharpness and brightness; not too much but it certainly is not the same watching the captured file, and the same video on TV (directly fed from camcorder).

Is there a way of transfering a video from camcorder onto the PC without losing anything in terms of picture quality?

I used both full DV capture and MPEG capture and there seem to be no difference between the two, at least not to a naked eye (except that MPEG file is smaller).

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

dont know the camera you are using, what is its format ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mick72

It's PAL, 756x378 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

pal is 720x576

Advertisement