Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Races

Options
  • 16-08-2008 2:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to let people know that Tramore Races have now been cancelled today and tomorrow. Its not very well known for some unknown reason - WLR or The Racecourse have not updated their website with the news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Was cancelled because the course is water logged

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

shanemul wrote: »
    Was cancelled because the course is water logged

Dont take offence but I think that's fairly obvious :p

I'm just slighted shocked that nobody updated their websites or send out a message on national radio (only Beat and WLR afaik). I updated my own site as soon as I got word. Seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

I dont think anyone would care......

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

http://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2008/0816/tramore1.html being on RTE's website and on the sports news all day sully

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

askU wrote: »
    I dont think anyone would care......

A lot of people do. The Races is probably Tramores biggest event and brings a lot of people to the town.

Anyway Shane, thanks. One place I never looked - was just listening to radio instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Heard it on 2fm Sports news around lunchtime

Heard it on 2fm Sports news around lunchtime

Turns out I hadnt heard it on the news as it was only announced around lunchtime :p I was listening out all morning so I assume the visitors who complained were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This was a massive blow for the local economy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

It's being re-scheduled. It will either be the 5th and 6th of September (match weekend) or the 12th and 13th. Nothing has been confirmed yet, despite the newspapers saying it's on match weekend.

Knowing the luck of the Irish - it will be called of again. The weather is just so dodgy and unpredictable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 surfin

why would they re-schedule it on the weekend of the match? seems almost every second person will be heading to croker.
    It's also the weekend of the biggest food festival event to ever happen in Waterford!

surfin wrote: »
    why would they re-schedule it on the weekend of the match? seems almost every second person will be heading to croker.
    It's also the weekend of the biggest food festival event to ever happen in Waterford!

I cant see it drawing as much crowds as it would normally, plus the pubs probably wont get an extension again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 surfin

Just heard the Tramore Races are confirmed to be re-schedued for the 12th and 13th of September :)

Advertisement