Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an infraction be edited by a mod?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

I got an infraction for posting a rick roll i was told it was allready in the charter which it wasn't as it was updated the next morning,Im not bothered about the infraction i did wrong even if it wasn't posted in the charter.But i now have a infractions saying "being naughty" that just seems so stupid and sound like something that would be said to a 3-4 year old!Can it not be changed to the actual reason?as in "Browser highjack/rick roll"

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think it can be edited to where the reason is changed, only reversed. It used to be 'Being a twat' or similar and users were offended by it so that is why you have 'Being naughty' now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

We can't give custom infractions, only specific preset ones. That seems the most apt though tbh, it's pretty childish to rickroll someone imo. In fact is nearly 1980's to rickroll someone now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Ruu wrote: »
    Don't think it can be edited to where the reason is changed, only reversed. It used to be 'Being a twat' or similar and users were offended by it so that is why you have 'Being naughty' now.
    OK thats fine then i thought you could type anything
    Gordon wrote: »
    We can't give custom infractions, only specific preset ones. That seems the most apt though tbh, it's pretty childish to rickroll someone imo. In fact is nearly 1980's to rickroll someone now..

yes,Thanks but i didn't ask to be told that.i allready said in the OP that it wasn't a clever thing to do i was looking for advice about my topic posted

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I know. I was responding to this:
    ricky91t wrote: »
    But i now have a infractions saying "being naughty" that just seems so stupid and sound like something that would be said to a 3-4 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Ruu wrote: »

The default infraction was "muppet" this caused lots of boo hoos and a large number of users thought it offensive (yes really), it was subsequently changed to spanner which an equal number of users felt was offensive (yes really), this led to "being naughty".

You cant keep everyone happy:)

Internet -> serious business and all that.

V.

• Advertisement
Advertisement