Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options
  • 16-08-2008 2:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I happen to think this is ridiculous,
    Firstly I think it should always have to be a seperate mod who envokes a ban or suspension if the mod is involved in the argument.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055357085

thread there

Now this is personal abuse:

"please shut up"

"are you ****ing stupid?" - I would of thought asking if someone is stupid doesn't quite count as personal abuse.

"what the **** are you on"

Now none of that is actually personal abuse,
    and again I really think it is abuse of mod power to ban someone who criticises you,
    I'll completely honest I don't think |-*SxyDubGrrl93*-| is fit to moderate with that attitude.
    And also that the mod is potentially trolling is also ridiculous, should try and set an example.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mayordenis wrote: »
    "are you ****ing stupid?" - I would of thought asking if someone is stupid doesn't quite count as personal abuse.

Your full comment was:
    are you ****ing completely stupid?

and yes, I would consider that to be personal abuse towards the Mod in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's probably best to take it up with a co-mod first.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

fair enough will do - Beruthiel I'm very sorry I left out the word completely that changes everything I was trying to be decieving you caught me . . .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mayordenis wrote: »
    fair enough will do - Beruthiel I'm very sorry I left out the word completely that changes everything I was trying to be decieving you caught me . . .

No need for the sarcasm mayordenis.
    You asked if the comment would be considered personal abuse. I believe it is.

Advertisement