Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Advice Please

• 16-08-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Just wondering could I tap the boards.ie faithful for some advice.

Is it worth doing a main course or will a revision course suffice? Any recommendations re providers via GC, DBS.

How many actually exams do people recommend to do per semester. Would the standard be to do two exams in December and two in June.

Providing one gets an exemption from the standard exams, how long does it take to complete. Are you talking 3 years or can it be done faster.

Does one need to do the options module to get the qualification?

Thanks

TVR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

tvr,

Every student is different, therefore what is suitable for one may not be enough for others.

However, in general I would suggest the latter exams would require a full course and a revision course would not be enough.

The main factor is how well you study on your own initiative - can you push yourself or would the extra support of a lecturer help.

RE number of exams and how long it takes to qualify - again it's different for everyone.

I'd say most people take 2 exams per 6 months and would qualify between 3-5 years.

You do need to take 2 out of the four options, but that's a whole different thread! :D Worry about them when you get there!

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bongoboy

Hi TVR,

Well firstly, time's a ticking
    By this I mean lectures start next week so you need to enrol pretty quickly! For that reason I would ring ACCA Dublin Monday,
    see below link for contact details:

http://www.accaglobal.com/contacts/offices/ireland

& find out what papers you get an exemption in.

As regards which college - it really depends on the lecturer NOT the college !
    Once you know what the first of the papers are that you have to sit post another tread on the papers you are going to sit in December to see what lecturers other posters recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'm only just getting through all the old boards.ie ACCA threads.

I have just registered online and have according to the online thing I have exemption for the first 4 exams. So if I was doing two for Dec it would be Performance Management and Taxation. Looks like I have missed the deadline for registration by one day do.

The main thing I have seen is that I am probably best splitting my tuition between schools. Is that correct and follow the lectures?

I have had a look at both the Performance Management and Taxation and they actually look quite straightforward, so I was thinking maybe I could manage 3 exams.

Therefore does anyone have any recommendations for lectures for:

F5
    F6
    F7.

As I have missed the deadline for December, does anyone recommend any books etc so I can get started before Feb courses start.

Also to clarify I only have to do two from the options module of p4,p5,p6,p7? Is that right

Thanks again

TVR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 09_09

tvr wrote: »

Also to clarify I only have to do two from the options module of p4,p5,p6,p7? Is that right

Thanks again

TVR

Yeah you are right. You have options to do any two of them. but i would suggest not to do P6 Advance Auditing unless you want to open practice. It is very hard exam and it has least pass rate worldwide. So try to avoid it.;)

Advertisement