Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD access scheme HEAR programme

Options
  • 16-08-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey guys..My best friend has missed her course by 20 points...she applied to Trinity through UCD ( I hope that makes sense )...Just wondering will she be given the extra 20 points?? Thanks heaps :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From what I know of access programmes, they will assess each case on its own merits. She should contact HEAR or TAP, whichever is relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Beatrice

I think she has a fighting chance...A girl in my school missed her course by 15 points last year and she still got her course...She had the safety net of the HEAR programme...Best of luck 2 her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Well HEAR does reduce the points usually by about 20 points ( all depending on the course) so as long as she has passed the financial means test she should get her course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

Thats brilliant news..Thanks everyone for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

In the HEAR booklet it says that you are considered competitive if you reach 80-90% of the points needed for your course so I'd say she should be fine....I'm kinda in the same boat so here's to hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

Good luck..I really hope it works out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

In same position, really need the access programme. It usually does cover about 15 to 20 points for a course. Good Luck

Advertisement