Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile homes

Options
  • 16-08-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Anybody got any advice about buying a mobile home? Are there bargains to be had in mobile homes these days? Or are there still waiting lists to get into some parks? If you buy one, is it hard to get a site to put it on?:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I own one down in Wexford. The mobile home market has and more than likely will stay extremely robust. No bargains to be had from what I've ever seen and all of the parks around where we are theres a list as long as your arm to get a site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Larak

I thought that maybe the atrocious weather and the downturn in the economy would see some people selling up their mobile homes and maybe at a discount....I saw a few for sale in Jack's Hole which is way beyond my budget but a few years ago if one came up they'd be snapped up immediately. Now there's two or three on the market for a while and there doesn't seem to be a huge rush to buy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

My folks used to own one.

You need to be careful where you buy it. We owned in "ballynacarrig" or something like that, and were surrounded by posh ****.

Note I am from Blackrock so have a high tolerance for posh people, but these people were obscene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Brianpn

Larak wrote: »
    Anybody got any advice about buying a mobile home? Are there bargains to be had in mobile homes these days? Or are there still waiting lists to get into some parks? If you buy one, is it hard to get a site to put it on?:confused:

If you go to www.kilgormanholidaypark.ie there are a small number of sites for sale here at present ready for this Summer.

Advertisement