Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a one year old BMW from a non BMW garage?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have seen a BMW from a non BMW garage. The car is less than a year old. Is there any disadvantage to buying from a non BMW dealer?

The car is considerably less than a similar spec car from a BMW dealer.

Appreciate any comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It was more than likely traded in before the price of it depriciated after July. I wouldn't see a problem with it, it's still under Manufacturer's warranty, and it's cheaper. Check if it has one owner and that it was Irish, other than that i'd have no problems. If it's on carzone throw up a linky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Exactly what Limerick-man said, check the service history, milage etc, ring the garage it was purchased from originally if you have any doubts, it's still under the 3 year (AFAIK) manufacturers warranty so any problems you just bring it to your nearest BMW dealership and they will look after it for you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you are buying a used car then get it checked over.
    Remember that its a buyers market and dealers are desperate to shift stock. A base model will be more difficult to shift than a higher spec model when you come to sell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

defo agree - most main dealers are charging you a premium just as its a BMW dealer - reckon get it checked out usual chks ect and there is the luxury of the warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have seen a BMW from a non BMW garage. The car is less than a year old. Is there any disadvantage to buying from a non BMW dealer?

The car is considerably less than a similar spec car from a BMW dealer.

Appreciate any comments.
    Buying from any dealer, franchised or not, will cost you more than buying privately. And for what - the car is still covered by factory warranty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement