Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about offers???

Options
  • 16-08-2008 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Ok, bit of a wierd question here... OK if i accept say my third choice and then on the second round i getmy first choice do i have to pick it or is it my choice .. this sounds weird but just wondering??

my situation: got 465:D going for primary school teaching dont care what college just have better chance of getting accomadation with my third choice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭brucer24!

no once you accept what your given in the first round you dont have to accept the 2nd round offers. however seeing you got 465 you'll more than likely get your first choice

weldone on your results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

You get offered courses by order of preference - so if you get offered your number one you won't be allowed to choose, say, number three. You get one offer per round (level 8).

But, if you were offered, say, your number three (because you didn't meet minimum requirements or matriculation on numbers one & two) and accepted the offer, but then you get offered your number one in round two - You don't have to accept the round two offer. You can just ignore it and stick with the round one offer (your third preference)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

So if I get offered my second choice, and then accept my second choice before the deadline, but then get offered my first choice in round two.

Can I then still go for my first choice even after accepting my second choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    So if I get offered my second choice, and then accept my second choice before the deadline, but then get offered my first choice in round two.

Can I then still go for my first choice even after accepting my second choice?

Yes you can, accept whatever you get in round 1 and you can still get something in round two and do that instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Yes, you can accept the second round offer even after accepting a first round offer. Or, you could ignore the second round offer. Either is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Quick question.
    I assume you can get more than once offer on monday. If i get offered my first choice on lvl 8 and first choice on lvl 7 can i pick what i want or do i have to pick the lvl 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Quick question.
    I assume you can get more than once offer on monday. If i get offered my first choice on lvl 8 and first choice on lvl 7 can i pick what i want or do i have to pick the lvl 8?

Pick whichever one you want as far as I know

Advertisement