Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NA - Stand up and be proud

Options
  • 16-08-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the gathering of Noobs Anonymous:

My name is Sabre0001 and I am a noob! Used to play Q3 years ago for fun on LAN - so it was very aim based games...No timing, no map knowledge needed - just lock and load.

Finally invested in Quake 3 at Christmas time. Played CPMA originally - and struggled BADLY! Then saw that people were playing vQ3 through the mod so loaded that up.....and played like a noob. Playing against people of years more experience than me! Finally picked up my first (2) duel wins the other night (and convincingly at that \o/ - was very surprised I have to say!). This is after countless duels losing by 30+ and where getting one frag was almost a victory :D

So, who else is a noob - either because of time playing or just standard of play :D - Don't be shy, you are amongst friends...And the first step is admitting it!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Noobs anonymous was the name of an old promode clan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And the name of a CPMA cup :)

Looks like I'm the only one...I'm the only noob in the village! Was hoping to gauge the interest for a "Not Quite Pro" Cup (i.e. New / inexperienced / constantly get maimed players) - looks quite low though :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I'm so new it hurts, but I don't have much time to play these days.

Hopefully I'll be free some time in the next few weeks and I can start playing then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I remember getting my first duel win, took me about 2 years haha

zAbbo wrote: »
    I remember getting my first duel win, took me about 2 years haha

It's a great feeling....Unfortunately does not mean an increase in skill v higher players. Lost again last night by 30 :rolleyes: Ah well :)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Not a ****ing clue how to play tbh but it's a fun game.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

I'm a noob, I lost every game in the first quick cup :p

I thought you put on a good showing!

Keep your eyes on the Quake forum for more punishme.....I mean announcements soooon! :)

🤪

Advertisement