Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car wont start!

Options
  • 16-08-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

This morning I tried to start my car but there wasnt a peep out of it. I hadnt left any lights etc on. Havent driven it since tue but there was no probs with it then. I tried the windscreen wipers and they very slowly moved and then died, indicators light wouldnt come on but heard very faint tick when I tried. A friend got a set of jumpleads and tried to jumpstart but this didnt start the car either,
    any ideas on what might be wrong? There doesnt seem to be any loose connection in the battery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sounds like the battery is dead. If a battery has no charge left in it at all, the car wont start even with jump leads!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

thanks for that Bryn,
    whats the solution then if jumpleads dont work? do i need to get a new battery? would a mechanic think i was completley wasting his time if I call him out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭cml387

Get the battery recharged at a garage if you can and refit.
    Batteries last about five years, thereafter they can fail at the most inconvenient time.

You may have a sneaky drain on your battery, such an interior light or boot light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Even if the battery is dead it should start with a jump, if you're doing it correctly.

Advertisement