Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Kilkenny

Options
  • 16-08-2008 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

anyone listening to radio kilkenny since its come back on friday :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Nope... I'm not a radio person :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I have been. I like it so far. KCLR has been growing more and more Carlow biased lately. Plus John Walsh is annoying to listen to at times and Sue Nun can be pompous at times.

Hopefully Radio Kilkenny will stay on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Whats the frequency? (Kenneth)

Like, where do I turn me dial on the radio to listen in?

104.3 FM. Turn the dial to the right until it hits 104.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Is this a proper licenced relaunch?

• Advertisement

Kahless wrote: »
    Is this a proper licenced relaunch?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Radio Kilkenny is on a Month trial basis at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. Radio Kilkenny is on a Month trial basis at the moment.

What I mean is, do they actually have a lisence again?

Kahless wrote: »
    What I mean is, do they actually have a lisence again?

I'm not sure how the license thing works in Ireland. Radio Kilkenny is currently on for only a month so far. I imagine if they stay on after that time they will be licensed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

From their website

Welcome to Radio Kilkenny your local community owned and operated community radio station. Radio Kilkenny is run by Kilkenny Community Communications Co-operative Society Ltd. Our Co-op has in the region of 3000 shareholders representing every strand of Kilkenny society i. e. Individual Members, Voluntary and Community Organisations, Statutory Bodies, Commercial traders, the Major Churches and Volunteer Presenters.

Our Co op operated the ‘Radio Kilkenny’ station under a commercial license until 2003 when the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland granted the commercial license for Kilkenny to a new commercial company. The loss of the broadcasting license after so many years of successful operation was a huge disappointment to the entire community. However the resilient nature of the community in Kilkenny is not only evident on the sports field. The Board of the co-op is applying for a community radio license for Kilkenny in 2008 and are confident that such a license will be granted in 2008 and this will allow the people of our county to express the culture and spirit of the communities in Kilkenny. We hope you will enjoy our programmes and continue to participate in and support your own community station.

Advertisement