Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tans unattractive?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

Does anyone else think fake tans are unattractive?
    Ive seen girls that look like the've been tangoed and are all patchy.
    Pale, clear skin can be attractive. Like Madonna's for example.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Ive seen girls that look like the've been tangoed and are all patchy.
    Pale, clear skin can be attractive. Like Madonna's for example.
    I agree, fake tan is manky....I suppose it matches their fake personalities..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It looks rotten and makes no sense in the Irish climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think it works well, it's easy spot the girls to avoid......it's pretty easy smell them to, that stuff stinks...

If ye ever need to remove it from a girl, a bit of daz works wonders....she'll be white again in no time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Yes, very.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think fake tan is nasty, it smells bad and it almost never looks even remotely natural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

God yes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Oh please, not this again.

Snore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 claireybear

2qk4u wrote: »
    I agree, fake tan is manky....I suppose it matches their fake personalities..:rolleyes:
    Oh come off it:mad: Just because a girl wears fake tan means she's a fake personality? How stereotypical of you:( I'm very pale, I wear light tan and I'm certainly not orange!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Pythia wrote: »
    Oh please, not this again.

Snore...

Touched a nerve, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Oh come off it:mad: Just because a girl wears fake tan means she's a fake personality? How stereotypical of you:( I'm very pale, I wear light tan and I'm certainly not orange!

If you are fake you are fake !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 claireybear

2qk4u wrote: »
    If you are fake you are fake !
    Is it not possible for me to wear tan and not be fake? Same goes for make-up, dyed hair and so on so does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's unattractive in every case I've seen, yes. People are free to wear what they want but when I notice a girl wearing it, alarm bells ring in my head.
    Being your natural colour will never make you unattractive, wearing fake tan, much much more often than not will make you look more unattractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ruu wrote: »
    It looks rotten and makes no sense in the Irish climate.

Sense.

This man(Ruubot) speaks it.

I don't think it always looks bad on everyone, but the fact that it imitates a process that leads to skin cancer and premature aging makes it heinous in my book. How is that sexy? What's so wrong with being pale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

When done right it does look good.Sadly most girls don't know how to do it right.Pale streaking running through the fake tan and tan applied only to the face and hands is quite a common sight *cringe*

PillyPen wrote: »
    I don't think it always looks bad on everyone, but the fact that it imitates a process that leads to skin cancer and premature aging makes it heinous in my book. How is that sexy? What's so wrong with being pale?

It doesn't. You're talking about sunbeds. They're talking about the stuff from the bottle. Major difference.

But seriously, is there a need for another one of this threads?

Right, that's why I said "it imitates". Only fake tans are worse because they're orange and streaky. I guess there are so many of these threads because fake tans really are that ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Pythia wrote: »
    But seriously, is there a need for another one of this threads?
    Yes, if this thread saves just one girl from becoming an Oompah Loompah it's worth it.

Fake tans fool no one.

Hagar wrote: »
    Fake tans fool no one.

You'd be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

It looks ridiculous.

Couple of reasons -

1. They always do it wrong. I can see patches of dark brown/light brown and white bits they missed.
    2. As soon as you know the tan is fake, it's disgusting, as I know they are a white person with this chemical **** rubbed all over their body. For example, this is just an extreme version of fake tanning: http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/oddpinkpunk/bodybuilders.gif
    3. It makes me wonder about their mental state. Do they think they are ugly? Do they think they can fool us? Are they thick?!

I have similar feelings about make-up. Most women look ridiculous in make-up.

Give me a natural girl any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Arohanui

What amuses me is opening up the local paper to find the spreads of wedding photos with orange-faced brides standing beside regular pasty-skinned grooms! Do they not realise how ridiculous this is going to look on the day?

Arohanui wrote: »
    What amuses me is opening up the local paper to find the spreads of wedding photos with orange-faced brides standing beside regular pasty-skinned grooms! Do they not realise how ridiculous this is going to look on the day?

I think they're just thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

Yep!
    Im from south Dublin so pretty much the home of the orange D4 girls....

Alot of my friends "wont leave the house without it"...while i think it looks nasty
    Im all up for a nice natural tan, but the fake one??? Seriously theres nothing worse...
    Maybe im naive:D.....but am i wrong in thinking that guys dont like it anyway

Have you ever kissed a girl who's wearing fake tan? You can taste it in your mouth.

Horrible!

I wish the fake tan girls would show some originality. Instead of making themselves look orange and dying their hair blonde, going for a natural, pale look and possibly died BLACK hair is a million times more attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i think it just looks dirty. i have to resist the urge to tell the oompah loompahs to get scrubbing in the shower...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've a very simple view on it.

like everything if something is over done, it's horrible. if it's done right - in the case of fake tan it's very hard to get it right - it can look ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Was in town the other day and seen a girl in a pair of shorts, pale milk bottle legs (I mean really white). A couple of umpa lumpas behind her were having a giggle at her expense but the thing is, with all the umpa lumpas around town these days the girl with the milk bottle pins actually looked unusual and exotic.

They were by far the best looking legs in town that day. I felt kinda sorry for the fake tan girlies laughing at her.

Not sexy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pale FTW....

stoyamed.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I can scarcely think of any fashion more repuslive, off-putting, and downright unattractive than fake tan.

Advertisement